Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

04FX4 is on a distinguished road
Freezing.

Ok my Gryphon froze on me today. I was driving along and everything froze up. All th numbers, shifts, temps, just froze. I had to stop turn the truck off and start again, and then all seemed well. I was wondering if something is about to fail. I checked all the connections and all were good.
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Was it very cold where you are? Since you used the Canada flag in your post I assumed it might be. The Gryphon display is known to freeze up in very cold weather - it seems to be more of an annoyance rather than a symptom of impending failure.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 11:02 PM

No it was 15c today.
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 11:03 PM

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

I actually had my screen freeze up on me just like that about a month ago or so, turned the truck off then back on and it has worked fine ever since.

Edit: I was actually sitting still though at idle.
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 11:12 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, interference from cell phones, high power stereo systems, alarm systems, and even high powered CBs from a relatively close truck can possibly cause the processors to freeze or can interfere with the communications bus which can also cause the display to freeze. In most cases, unplugging and reconnecting resolves the problem. It is generally not a sign of impending failure so I wouldn't worry about it. However, if it happens more frequently, then we will need to address it.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Dang! Looks like the unit needs to be "hardened" against EMP! Hope we don't have a nuclear war!

Bill I've just started a little file of these tidbits of information so maybe I can remember them. I should have done it sooner.

- Jack
Old Sun, April 26th, 2009, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the replys everyone..

Tom
Old Mon, April 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Dang! Looks like the unit needs to be "hardened" against EMP! Hope we don't have a nuclear war!

Bill I've just started a little file of these tidbits of information so maybe I can remember them. I should have done it sooner.

- Jack
I wonder how this will fly.

Use lead paint on the gauge pod?
JK

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, May 1st, 2009, 11:48 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

How's this for bad...

Years ago I worked in a welding shop that had 5 Miller 330A/BP TIG welders... 2 on stainless steel and 3 on aluminum. Anyone familiar with these welders know that they have high frequency startup to trigger the arc without "striking".

Anyway, these welders would completely screw up the phone system, despite the fact that the nearest phone station was 30 feet away behind a wall inside the office. It was determined that this phone was feeding interference back into the phone system and shutting it down because when we unplugged it the problem went away.

Solution? Mount a 3' x 3' sheet of LEAD to the wall and then bolt the phone to the sheet. This way every time you made a phone call you could get your daily recommended dose of lead.

Just as concerning, if the high frequency from the welder could disrupt a phone, I wonder what it could actually do to the body. I know the one guy I worked with died from cancer at 52 and he'd been welding his whole life. Of course I'm sure smoking didn't help, but it makes you wonder.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!