Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, May 28th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

I am surprised that with all the years experience Ford has with lock up TCs, that there seems to be issues with it's sensitivity. Of course, every vehicle is different.... Mine seemed to keep jumping in and out with the slightest touch of the throttle, or when hitting the slightest incline. Since getting a programmer, I've at least had that stop, expecially since adjusting lock up.
Now I can't wait to send my Edge in for the upgrade and some tunes!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Thu, May 28th, 2009, 08:45 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
I am surprised that with all the years experience Ford has with lock up TCs, that there seems to be issues with it's sensitivity. Of course, every vehicle is different.... Mine seemed to keep jumping in and out with the slightest touch of the throttle, or when hitting the slightest incline. Since getting a programmer, I've at least had that stop, expecially since adjusting lock up.
Now I can't wait to send my Edge in for the upgrade and some tunes!
I think this issue may be part of what Bill has referred to as "torque control", which seems to be a little "flaky". The whole point, I gather, is to reduce stress on the transmission right at the shift points, when everything has to undergo drastic changes. But, I can see how this is fairly complicated and may not work quite right under ALL shifting conditions. (Just think about the range of forces between low throttle/low load to high throttle/high load shifts and you might begin to appreciate the difficulties in designing the "perfect" shift).

But, I'm sure there are improvements that can be made.

- Jack
Old Thu, May 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by average-joe View Post
I noticed a volt drop off from 14.6v to now 13.8v it all works well so it can't anything to worry about.
I guess I will explain the voltage. I installed troyer ud pullies about 3 weeks ago. Since my truck is a weekend warrior I don't get to play with her alot during the week. And on the weekends also my free time is very little.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.