Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 08:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

All the information you need to convert your Edge to a Gryphon is in their website, right here: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...p/Upgrade.html As you can see, they would like Canadian customers to call first for specific instructions.

However, DO read the general instructions on that page and click on the "Gasoline" button for the upgrade form.

It's all pretty simple, really. I converted an Edge to a Gryphon back when they were just getting started and couldn't be happier.

One thing that may not be clear - if your fuel is octane rated using the Research Octane Number (RON) only, you will be filling from pumps having only 91 and 95 octane gas I think. That is equivalent to our (R + M)/2 octane ratings of 87 and 91. Make sure Bill knows if this is the case, and, DO put as much "detail" into the optional field at the end of the order form as you can. The more Bill understands your driving goals, the happier you will be.

- Jack
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Whopper

20045.4x4 is on a distinguished road

thats an awsome link. Thanks!!
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Whopper

it says I need a PCM (HEX) code. Whats that?
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Whopper

also since I bought it used what happens if the previous owner still has his tune in it? Like if he took it out with it still in PERF tune or somthing?
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20045.4x4 View Post
it says I need a PCM (HEX) code. Whats that?
It is a number 7 digits long with letters and numbers in it. Like this ABAB1A1B.HEX example only. Being you have the edge you might have to find it in the user menu. Sometimes it is the first thing you see when the gryphon is plugged in. I have never had the edge.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
also since I bought it used what happens if the previous owner still has his tune in it? Like if he took it out with it still in PERF tune or somthing?
If you bought it used you are going to get an error if another stock tune is present. Someone's stock program is still on there. It may have to be re formatted using edges software.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Lars is telling you the "real deal" here, but I sense you are not really familiar with programmers. If you are, then, sorry, I don't mean to "talk down" to you.

You bought an Edge used. The previous owner had to return the tune on his truck to "stock" (Level 0) before he shipped it to you or the programmer will not work on any other vehicle - period. This is one of the hazards you assume when you buy a used programmer - and it applies to all of them, not just the Edge.

Now, for a nominal fee, Edge and PHP can "unlock" such a programmer so that it can work on your vehicle. This simply adds to your purchase cost.

But, you may not need this. When you plugged the Edge into your truck, WITH THE IGNITION ALREADY ON, did you see the "hex" code? If you didn't, you probably have a locked programmer. If you did, unplug it and plug it in again so that you can write it down (the ignition has to be ON).

If the Edge tells you your HEX code, you will be able to program in any of the canned tunes it contains. You should really have an Edge manual to refer to, but a Gryphon manual will do as well. You can get it here: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...02004-2008.pdf You may want to see how the canned tunes work on your truck. I think you'll see a definite improvement.

But: Remember to set your "tune" back to Level 0 (stock) before you send the Edge in for conversion! The custom tunes will be even better than the canned tunes.

Hope this is making sense to you. Welcome to the world of programmers!

- Jack
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Whopper

Your %100 correct i'm useless when it comes to tuners and computers and stuff. I havent got the programmer yet i'll get it later this week. When I get it i'll plug it in and see what happens. Thanks a ton for the help
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Your %100 correct i'm useless when it comes to tuners and computers and stuff. I havent got the programmer yet i'll get it later this week. When I get it i'll plug it in and see what happens. Thanks a ton for the help
Happy to help! About a year and a half ago, I was in your shoes. It was a real learning experience.

The good thing about this forum is, you are not going to be "bashed" for asking questions!

- Jack
Old Mon, July 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Double Whopper

NHRA6002 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I live in Kimberley BC ABout 8 hours from vancouver and 4 hours from Calgary. Where abouts is monroe?
I am in Mission(1 hr east of Vancouver) Monfroe WA is about 2 hrs. south from here.

PS just got off the phone with Bill about getting my FICM upgrade,Gryphon upgrade and custom tunes while in Monroe on Saturday