Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Whopper

antzfreshwhip is on a distinguished road

so until i get my custom tunes, i guess i should use level 1 & maybe 2. i mean the only thing i got done to my truck thats realy different for performance if that how ya wanna think of it is the cold air intake. otherwise everything is stock. and with the fuel, i ordered the 87 performance tune -i had said once before that im not a fan of switching types of fuels. once 87, always 87 unless an extreme emergency. you know!
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzfreshwhip View Post
so until i get my custom tunes, i guess i should use level 1 & maybe 2. i mean the only thing i got done to my truck thats realy different for performance if that how ya wanna think of it is the cold air intake. otherwise everything is stock. and with the fuel, i ordered the 87 performance tune -i had said once before that im not a fan of switching types of fuels. once 87, always 87 unless an extreme emergency. you know!
I would suggest level 2.
Good way to think on the octane!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, October 30th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Whopper

ok...kool. thanks
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Whopper

well i got my gryphon today. i opened the box and i tried to fit the programmer into the pod. it didnt fit. the programer came in like a with like a rubber holder that it slides into which then goes into the pod... is it possible that some trimming had to be done to the pod?
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

No, you shouldn't have to do any trimming at all. Are you saying the rubber insert will not fit into the pod opening?

I put the insert into the pod first, then slipped the Gryphon into the insert. It's supposed to be a "tight fit" so it won't fall out. Have you tried it that way?

- Jack
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Whopper

yes, i have tried it that way..i mean its way to tight...i can get the insert it, but it dont sit nice, and then i tried to slip the gryphon in and i dont see anyhow that it will fit...lol
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:38 PM
Whopper

well i have tried for another 10 min and got it to fit..
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
yes, i have tried it that way..i mean its way to tight...i can get the insert it, but it dont sit nice, and then i tried to slip the gryphon in and i dont see anyhow that it will fit...lol
Edge seems to have had some quality control issues with these new pods. Another member had one that would not fit his dash at all (it was distorted). If you could measure the opening, which of the dimensions is too small? Is it the width or the height? (I know it's not really a rectangle, but what are the "rectangular" width and height)? If they don't correspond to what they should be, I'm sure Corey will send you a replacement. I wouldn't try trimming the pod unless Corey tells you to try that.

In the meantime, you CAN program your truck, and if you can somehow hold the Gryphon in the pod temporarily, you can drive it and enjoy the display. When I got mine, Corey forgot to send the rubber insert (Sorry Corey, I know I'm telling tales now, but I don't know any other way to tell this story). I kind of "wedged" the Gryphon in place in the pod with some pieces of plastic door trim I had laying around. It worked fine, but the effect was much better when the insert arrived.

Edit: I just read your last post - glad it's fitting. I think it's supposed to fit VERY tightly! (And, the insert will not look right unless the pod is in it.) When all's said and done, it should look like the picture on the front of the Gryphon Manual, which happens to be MY Gryphon in its pod!

- Jack
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Edge seems to have had some quality control issues with these new pods. Another member had one that would not fit his dash at all (it was distorted). If you could measure the opening, which of the dimensions is too small? Is it the width or the height? (I know it's not really a rectangle, but what are the "rectangular" width and height)? If they don't correspond to what they should be, I'm sure Corey will send you a replacement. I wouldn't try trimming the pod unless Corey tells you to try that.

In the meantime, you CAN program your truck, and if you can somehow hold the Gryphon in the pod temporarily, you can drive it and enjoy the display. When I got mine, Corey forgot to send the rubber insert (Sorry Corey, I know I'm telling tales now, but I don't know any other way to tell this story). I kind of "wedged" the Gryphon in place in the pod with some pieces of plastic door trim I had laying around. It worked fine, but the effect was much better when the insert arrived.

Edit: I just read your last post - glad it's fitting. I think it's supposed to fit VERY tightly! (And, the insert will not look right unless the pod is in it.) When all's said and done, it should look like the picture on the front of the Gryphon Manual, which happens to be MY Gryphon in its pod!

- Jack
another problem, i turned the key on in my truck( did not start it) and then pluged in the gryphon. now after agreeing with the terms and conditions, it did its scan and said: ecm not located. then it says :press enter to continue.after that it shuts off.. so now what does that mean?
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Whopper

Quote:
another problem, i turned the key on in my truck( did not start it) and then pluged in the gryphon. now after agreeing with the terms and conditions, it did its scan and said: ecm not located. then it says :press enter to continue.after that it shuts off.. so now what does that mean?
nevermind,lol, i was able to get it. i put it to level (2) and felt the difference in the tranny for sure. what i dont like is how 1st gear revs up so high when i floor it. once it go a little past 5000, i let go b.c i remember reading about damaging the tranny like that. and it does shift kinda hard, i think. is this normal? will it screw up my tranny?