Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, March 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Whopper

jerzpilot is on a distinguished road
Default truck running lean now

My CEL came on today after installing a JLT CAI and the gryphon a couple days ago, I changed the muffler today. the code is P0171 and P0174 which it says is running lean. Help please.
Old Fri, March 20th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

You have custom tunes on the way, or are they already installed? I know Bill can clear that up with a tune (if it's due to the CAI). I don't have the CEL's memorized, so it could be something else. These F150's are notorious for that with a CAI, they actually come from the factory running a little lean.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Fri, March 20th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Whopper

I already have the tunes, and it just came up days after i got them
Old Fri, March 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We'll need to make a change to the MAF table. Unfortunately, since we've not done the JLT CAI kit before, I had to take a bit of a guess on how far to go. I would have much preferred to have dynoed that kit with AFR numbers, but that was obviously not a possibility at that time.

Outside of the lean issue, how has the truck been running? Have you noticed any hesitation? Surging? Rough Idle? Just want to make sure we get everything covered.

In any event, I will get you new tunes as soon as I get back from Tennessee and get the issues corrected. Give me a call on Monday so we can set up something for you.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Tue, March 24th, 2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Sat, March 21st, 2009, 12:10 AM
Whopper

Aou still up Bill? Well no hesitation, everything had been good i did took out the muffler today and went to the auto store to get another muffler on the way back was when the CEL came on. after I installed the muffler I turned the codes off than took it for a spin came back and checked and they are there again but no CEL. Two days ago I went to Alabama to pick up a boat for mly sister with the stock muffler and everything ran good, exept a slight almost unnoticeable cough while depressing and pressing on the gas pedal, but no CEL til today.
Old Sat, March 21st, 2009, 12:25 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The slight cough might have been an indication of a slightly lean condition. This was most likely exaggerated by the installation of the muffler to the point it is causing the CEL. Like I said, a quick change to the MAF tables should clear all that up.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Sat, March 21st, 2009, 12:29 AM
Whopper

Cool, thx Bill I feel a lot better inside now. I will be available at your earliest convinience, I'll call you on Monday at noon. Have a good weekend and be safe out there on your trip.
Old Sat, March 21st, 2009, 12:32 AM

Will do!

(678) 890-1110

Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Whopper

How do I download the new tunes? I have downloaded Pegasus already, what comes next? Thanks
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzpilot View Post
How do I download the new tunes? I have downloaded Pegasus already, what comes next? Thanks
When Bill tells you the tunes are ready, start Pegasus, plug your Gryphon into the PC, and then click on Updates -> Targeted Functions.

You should also download the Pegasus manual from PHP's website. It has some important information regarding using Pegasus with Vista, for instance and some other good information.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer