Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Closed Thread

Old Sun, June 13th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Whopper

Ron is on a distinguished road
Default Dissatisfied 97-03 Gryphon Customer

I've had this "programmer" for 2 months now and finally got to put it to the reaL test by starting a trip with my trusty F-150 and 5th wheel trailer. Once again, no noticeable gas savings, smoother running engine, power increase, etc and blah, blah, blah, The reliability factor reared its' ugly head today after we passed Oklahoma City. The entire unit went dead. After parking, I checked all the connections, unplugged it, plugged it back in and, you guessed it...NOTHING!!!!

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Sun, June 13th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old Sun, June 13th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Edge has sold over 10,000 units; we have sold about 1,000. I'm sorry that you had to be the one to be dissatisfied. Frankly, we have no problem with anyone posting negative comments about products or our service; however, we do insist that our members speak respectfully so that other members don't have to deal with the same BS that is on many other forums. It is for this reason that I am editing your post.

Your RMA number is 30725. Please download the RMA form that can be found on our Support page and include this number. The form should be included in the box with your programmer when it is returned for a refund.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, June 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Ron,

You've obviously been dissatisfied with the unit since the day that you received it and even indicated in an e-mail 10 days after installation that you didn't feel any difference in performance, to which I responded that I'd be happy to offer you a refund. Since then, you haven't contacted me with any further mention of issues or dissatisfaction, but decided to keep the unit for nearly 8 weeks instead of returning it for a refund. Now you come on the forum and leave comments that are, to put quite simply, unproductive. I just don't understand that.

If you're not happy with the product or it didn't work for you, that's fine. Sometimes there are vehicles that just don't respond favorably to reprogramming for various reasons. We always encourage customers to express their opinions and we take the negative feedback along with the good, understanding that sometimes things don't always work out.

As Corey indicated, we will be expecting the unit to be returned at your earliest convenience. Just so you're aware, as per our posted return policy, there is 15% restocking charge on all merchandise returned undamaged after 30 days.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, June 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Whopper

Ron is on a distinguished road
Default Email etc

Bill..I remember talking with you a few times about lack of performance and I also remember that I had sent you an email that was never answered. It's not important though because the Gryphon will hopefully be in the mail today. I'm sorry I don't have the original documents however I did not expect the Gryphon to quit during mid trip. I don't have the USB cord that came with it either but will mail that when I get back to AZ. It certainly isn't going to be me any good.
Intererstingly enough, I got better performance from premium fuel than I did the Gryphon.

Regards from Ron-On-The-Road
Old Mon, January 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Come Get Some

hampsterzone is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's your truck and not your Gryphon. Just a thought..... And the unit has many other beneficial factors besides adding power. Again, just a thought.

2012 FX4 Waldoch M80 Edition Supercrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Road Armor Grill Guard, huge smile!
Old Mon, January 24th, 2011, 09:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterzone View Post
Maybe it's your truck and not your Gryphon. Just a thought..... And the unit has many other beneficial factors besides adding power. Again, just a thought.
Hampster, this is a REALLY old thread. The OP has had his unit refunded, since he was not happy with it (unlike the rest of us).

Some people cannot be pleased, no matter how hard PHP tries.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, January 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I was wondering why this thread had been resurrected.

The '97-'03s also dont respond nearly as well to tuning because of mechanical differences.
Old Wed, February 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Whopper

Bigwheel is on a distinguished road

Just for the record I love my Gryphon. No real MPG savings but tons of fun

Question: With the 87 custom performance tune how much is the average increase in horse power?
Old Wed, February 16th, 2011, 06:15 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwheel View Post
Just for the record I love my Gryphon. No real MPG savings but tons of fun

Question: With the 87 custom performance tune how much is the average increase in horse power?
5.4 2v.....15-20 on 87

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, February 16th, 2011, 06:16 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

This thread is considered closed....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Closed Thread