Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Orion Reflash System for Navistar

Orion Reflash System for Navistar Power Hungry Performance is the first in the industry to provide custom tuning
for the 1998 to 2007 Navistar Medium Duty platform!

If you have any questions or would like more information on Orion, please post here.

Old Thu, April 1st, 2021, 05:33 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Clap Getting ready to BETA - Round 2!

Hey all! So here we are, April 1st, and we'll just get that "April Fools" garbage out of the way now. No April Fools jokes here!

We've been addressing the feedback from several of our first round BETA testers and have made some significant code changes to improve the stability of the vehicle communications. We're still addressing the in-vehicle issues with the 2005 and 2006 2-Box (ECM and IDM) systems, but it seems like we might have a bunch of that worked out as well.

There's still a bunch of improvements to be made as far as how we handle vehicle information and server communications, but these are things that can be handled in later versions of the Orion Reflash software. The current system in which the vehicle information is e-mailed to us and the calibrations are e-mailed back works very well and will be the way to handle things until we are able to get the full server communications working. Once that is implemented, we can seamlessly integrate into the system without any issues.

We're going to be finishing the validation of the latest software tomorrow and we will be contacting the remaining BETA testers we have in our list to see if you are still interested in participating. We also have a few that have come late to the party, and we'll try to include you as well.

It's extremely exciting to be at this point where we can flash these vehicles and actually make some noticeable improvements. In fact, I just spoke with one of our customers a couple days ago and he was absolutely thrilled with the gains he'd seen on recent trips. His "short bus" weighs 12,500# with just the normal equipment and he was getting "at best" about 9 MPG. With the tunes we provided, he's now seeing between 12 and 13 MPG at 70 MPH! His towing (about 18,500 - 19,500) mileage also went from about 6 MPG to 9 MPG! This is extremely exciting and we're happy to see these kind of improvements, as I'm sure all of you will be as well.

As I say, we will be in touch with the remaining BETA test group on Monday and maybe Tuesday to get everyone set up. I prefer to contact folks by phone so that we can discuss any particulars before we send out the kits. If you don't answer your phone or return our call, you will be skipped. If it's not convenient for you to talk at that time, we will be happy to set up an appointment to contact you at a more convenient time.

Thanks again to all of you who have been willing to participate. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we look forward to working with you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or you can reach us by contacting Power Hungry Performance during normal business hours.

Take care and have a blessed evening!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, April 15th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Whopper

pwerwagn is on a distinguished road

Awesome news Bill!

My Gutless VT365 is awaiting!
Old Thu, April 29th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Whopper

Veedubfreak86 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so very much for allowing me to participate in the beta test I cant wait, This is also pushing up my upgrade schedule knowing there will be tuneability with each modification made
Old Mon, May 10th, 2021, 10:54 PM
The few, the proud, the brave!

Humdinger is on a distinguished road
Default Exciting Indeed

Nice work Bill. Love to hear about other folks getting their Skoolie into drag racing shape. We're huge fans. The gas mileage gain and performance has been a godsend on our rig. Looking forward to the improvements you keep making. I'll keep you updated on the results as I get more time with the system.

Keep crushin it!
Old Wed, May 12th, 2021, 08:50 PM
Whopper

I saw the info in the FAQ’s, awesome! I can’t post there though, but I noticed the link is broken to the manual.

I’ll be callin about my VT365!!

Jeff
Old Thu, May 13th, 2021, 08:47 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwerwagn View Post
I saw the info in the FAQ’s, awesome! I can’t post there though, but I noticed the link is broken to the manual.

I’ll be callin about my VT365!!

Jeff
Actually, the link isn't broken... I just don't have the manual ready yet. You know how documentation goes. I should have it up by Friday, though.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, May 13th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Actually, the link isn't broken... I just don't have the manual ready yet. You know how documentation goes. I should have it up by Friday, though.
Hahaha I know how that goes for sure!!!
Old Tue, May 18th, 2021, 10:18 AM
Whopper

Bill,

Have you beta tested a VT365 yet?

--Jeff
Old Wed, May 26th, 2021, 09:51 AM

Jeff,

Only with the FICM tuning so far. That works really well, although we're still having to bench flash those due to communications issues while in vehicle. We're getting those worked out, though and should have that running this week. :-)

(678) 890-1110

Tags
3800, 4300, 4700, diesel, dt466, dt530, international, navistar, orion, performance, reflash, t444e, tuning