Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Old Fri, July 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Yeah.

But it's down the road motors right now. I decided to start it this morning. I'll be danged if it isn't working flawlessly. It doesn't pressurize the coolant, it doesn't smoke, nothing. So the customer came to get it. He's going to drive it and see how it works out. He's cool with it....he is understanding of the circumstances. I think he'll be good to go. If not, off to the dealer it will go. Obviously I haven't charged him. If it works out, then I will get my money.
Old Fri, July 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Could it just have been residual coolant left in the cylinder/ exhaust?
Old Fri, July 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I'm thinking that it may have gone from cylinder #5 (the one cup that did pull out) and it filled the exhaust manifold and got into #7 as I was bumping it over. The guy's got 100 miles on it already with no problems as of yet.
Old Thu, July 21st, 2011, 12:06 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

dumb dmax's saw one today the guy was driving the thing with half a set of bad injectors it was smoking white so bad, straight raw fuel.. think he would be smart...but guess not..clean truck too.
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Wed, August 31st, 2011, 08:02 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Picked up another one today.

I have NEVER heard one knock this bad with such little injection pressure.

CHA-CHING!!!!!

I've seen a couple around town that I've thought about confronting the owners about, but on the same token, while the job does pay very well, it's also one of those jobs that you WORK for the money.
Old Thu, September 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
BROKE

I have one in now thats getting a set of injectors....fun fun.
Old Thu, September 1st, 2011, 06:16 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I get to take this one back apart since the guy brought his own injectors from NAPA....

#2 overfueling.

GRAND. I won't have that injector until Tuesday....and it just has to be on the hard side (even bank).

If once isn't bad enough, twice certainly sucks.
Old Fri, September 2nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
BROKE

Were your fuel trims out, puffing black smoke at idle?
Old Fri, September 2nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Slight knock at idle and 13% balance rate on that hole (when the rest were + or - 1).

Not acceptable. Runs like a mad chief though which is better than I can say than it did before. Anything over 1/4 APP and the thing would start frickin' rattling to beat the band and smoke out both lanes.
Old Tue, September 6th, 2011, 08:54 PM
BROKE

LOL

About 8 hours later I got mine finished up, runs a little better with injectors that dont look like this......