Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, November 8th, 2021, 02:04 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Nice to see you back, Bill. Anything really catch your attention at SEMA?
Old Mon, November 8th, 2021, 03:18 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Good to be home!

The only thing I really noticed was the significant amount of empty space in many of the halls. However, many vendors also got moved over to the new West Hall across the street, so that would have to also be accounted for. Foot traffic was pretty fair... Not as busy as 2019, but still a good turnout.

As for the sights? It was pretty much Bronco central. You know why nobody can buy a Bronco? It's because Ford seems to have given them to all the SEMA builders.

I was particularly interested in the new GM ZZ632 crate motor. At least until the $28,000 MAP/$38,000 List price reared its ugly head. Just told the guy, "Good luck with that." From his expression, he seemed to kinda feel the same way.

Other than that, all the same stuff. Just another year. Vegas itself is always fun. Good food. Things to do.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, November 8th, 2021, 06:07 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Good to be home!

The only thing I really noticed was the significant amount of empty space in many of the halls. However, many vendors also got moved over to the new West Hall across the street, so that would have to also be accounted for. Foot traffic was pretty fair... Not as busy as 2019, but still a good turnout.
How did the event handle the "plandemic" nonsense? I know that flying was probably strict.

Quote:
As for the sights? It was pretty much Bronco central. You know why nobody can buy a Bronco? It's because Ford seems to have given them to all the SEMA builders.
Our local little Ford dealer has two actual "Big Bronco"s - of course the owner drives one and the other sits in the showroom with a well-above-retail pricetag. After looking at it from all angles I don't get the appeal. Not my cup-o-tea. The first little teaser Bronco (Escape) was really a turn-off for most folks around here.
Quote:
I was particularly interested in the new GM ZZ632 crate motor. At least until the $28,000 MAP/$38,000 List price reared its ugly head. Just told the guy, "Good luck with that." From his expression, he seemed to kinda feel the same way.
Gotta be able to absorb cost of replacement on failures with that factory GM warranty somehow!

I've been watching a few googletube videos/channels that were putting stuff together for this year's show. I can't say that any of the trends going on these days really float my boat. 44", 49", and 54" tires on 16-17" wheels are cool. 38" tires on 24" wheels are not. I guess any tire on a 24" wheel isn't cool unless it's a 24.5" with a load range G or H tire on it.
Quote:
Other than that, all the same stuff. Just another year. Vegas itself is always fun. Good food. Things to do.
I'm really glad you're in a place where you can do that sort of thing! Hard work and dedication pays off.
Old Wed, November 10th, 2021, 07:52 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
How did the event handle the "plandemic" nonsense? I know that flying was probably strict.
Surprisingly, not horrible. Keep a little cup of trail mix in front of you along with a beverage and you will be considered "actively eating" and don't get hassled about the mask. Honestly, the only people that really seem give a crap about the masks are the Gestapo types who have control issues and love to tell people what to do. Of course, the attendants have to follow policy, but there are some willing to provide as much latitude as possible.

Quote:
Our local little Ford dealer has two actual "Big Bronco"s - of course the owner drives one and the other sits in the showroom with a well-above-retail pricetag. After looking at it from all angles I don't get the appeal. Not my cup-o-tea. The first little teaser Bronco (Escape) was really a turn-off for most folks around here.
I really don't get it either. It has some really cool features like a pretty solid ground clearance and the ability to lock one of the rear wheels to make a dead 90º turn like a skid steer or track steer. It is also very well balanced. One of the thing exhibited on the Bronco course was they would drive up ramps so that one front wheel was on a ramp and the opposite rear wheel was on a ramp, and then the vehicle would actually sit level with two wheels off the ground. I found that to be rather impressive. Outside of that, the only bronco that really got my attention was the one with the track kit in place of the wheels. I could see some fun snow time or dune time with that sucker.

Quote:
Gotta be able to absorb cost of replacement on failures with that factory GM warranty somehow!
That's provided that it actually comes with a warranty.

Quote:
I've been watching a few googletube videos/channels that were putting stuff together for this year's show. I can't say that any of the trends going on these days really float my boat. 44", 49", and 54" tires on 16-17" wheels are cool. 38" tires on 24" wheels are not. I guess any tire on a 24" wheel isn't cool unless it's a 24.5" with a load range G or H tire on it.
Big 44" mudders on 15" wheels was what I grew up with. 24"+ wheels do not impress me at all. Of course, people like what they like and it's not their job to impress me, but don't be disappointed when I show a lack of appreciation for your aesthetics.

Quote:
I'm really glad you're in a place where you can do that sort of thing! Hard work and dedication pays off.
It's been a long, difficult journey. And I would be remiss if I didn't extend credit to those who have been there for us over the years. I clearly didn't do this by myself, and we would not be where we are without all of your effort and support. I'm also especially grateful to Jay who was there for us when we lost Wil, lost our home, and I nearly lost my mind. He kept things functioning when Angela and I were just not physically or mentally capable of doing it.

SEMA has its place, and for me it's mostly just to enjoy the hard work that people put into the industry.

Anyway, thanks for the conversation.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, November 10th, 2021, 09:46 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

0 for 2 on 6.0L repairs at home.

Punting it to the dealership with a new pump, 7.4 hours of labor, and no invoice.

$1900 into 6.0Ls that I don't own. Sweet. Beginning to reflect on life choices. I guess I will know better next time. There's a reason certain shops specialize in these piles of garbage.
Attached Images
File Type: png img.png (257.8 KB, 2 views)
Old Thu, November 11th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Big Sky State!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy is on a distinguished road

What is the latest 6.0L doing?

What are the symptoms? Is it the normal hpo problems?

Minotaur user.