Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, July 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Whopper

cartmanea is on a distinguished road

Installed the older PCM with EBP sensor and the truck runs better with less lag using my larger Garrett PowerMax turbo. I see about 4-5 psi more boost at WOT also. If you have a base strategy like VXAP1 that does not use the EBP sensor, can tuners write custom tunes that do use the EBP sensor, or are they limited by the strategy you run?
Old Wed, July 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

those results sound on par to what ive been told about the earlier strategies with out the infered EBP. more boost, less lag, better throttle response and better part throttle response. just make sure to clean your EBP tube and sensor or replace them if they are beyond repair.
Old Thu, August 5th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Whopper

cartmanea is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
cartmanea-

The VXAM0 and VXAN0 are not assigned TEC numbers. The TEC number started with VXAN7. Both the VXAN and VXAM used the EBP sensor instead of inferred numbers. The VXAPs started the garbage EBP strategies.
I was wrong on that early strategy I have, it is VXAM7A4. Any info on this and what TEC # it is if it has one? I really like how it drives with my PowerMax turbo, controls it much better and shifting seems better than my VXAP1 strategy as well.