Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Mon, December 6th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Black Platinum

SportTractoF150 is on a distinguished road

Does the CS fit in that pod as well? I also have an 09 Platinum and wasn't sure how it would look, but that does look better than the suction cup mount I have.

Edit: So I do see that the CS fits in there, but I wanted to ask...how is the viewing angle on it? It appears to be more straight forward than the angled set up you had with the suction cup.
Old Mon, December 6th, 2010, 04:47 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'm not going to answer your question exactly, since I don't have your model year truck, but I like the viewing angle that the pod gives my CTS. Bill Cohron, as I recall, said he didn't like it but he's pretty tall (about 6-2, 6-3?) and I suspect it depends on your sitting distance from the wheel and your height. (I'm 5-11.)

I imagine the pod for the 09+ trucks would be similar.

What I can't understand, is why Edge did not redesign the opening of the new pod to exactly fit the CS. It still has the "swelling" on the left side that fits the old Gryphon, and that unit cannot be used in the 09+ trucks.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, December 6th, 2010, 06:00 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I'm not going to answer your question exactly, since I don't have your model year truck, but I like the viewing angle that the pod gives my CTS. Bill Cohron, as I recall, said he didn't like it but he's pretty tall (about 6-2, 6-3?) and I suspect it depends on your sitting distance from the wheel and your height. (I'm 5-11.)

I imagine the pod for the 09+ trucks would be similar.

What I can't understand, is why Edge did not redesign the opening of the new pod to exactly fit the CS. It still has the "swelling" on the left side that fits the old Gryphon, and that unit cannot be used in the 09+ trucks.

- Jack
The CS still is rounded on the left hand side.....sorry its a gmc picture.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, December 6th, 2010, 06:26 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If it is, then my last post about the fit is, of course wrong. From all the pictures I've seen, the unit itself looked like a pure rectangular shape. Sorry for any confusion!

- Jack