Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Mon, May 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Whopper Junior

kbates is on a distinguished road
Default Odd idle

I have had my custom tunes for about a week now. I have loaded both custom tow tune and custom performance tune, and they both load fine and seem to be mostly good. Truck is 2010 F150 5.4l Fx4.

I did note that the general consensus is to run the performance tune for everyday driving. So that is what I have done until I notice a problem.

The problem being that when the truck is at temp meaning around 208-218 give or take a couple of degrees and the truck in park it will idle and then have a seemed controlled idle up to around 1500-1800 rpms then idle back down. When it does this it is very consistent in how fast it idles up and then down. I did notice when it does this the CHT decrease’s by 1 degree each time.
I did load the stock tune back to see if this problem persisted meaning a mechanical issue and ran the truck all yesterday and could not get it to do it again.
This morning I did load the tow tune to see if the problem arose again. I will update.

Has anyone had this occur?

If not I will try to get ahold of Bill tomorrow.