Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, September 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Whopper

f150corey is on a distinguished road
Default got my tunes saturday

and well all i can say is that there pretty awesome. the towing tune feels like it has plenty of power for towing just about anything just makes the truck feel like its got more umph to it haha. the 87 sport tune makes the truck peppy and feels like it just wants to go.

but in 87 sport my 1st to 2nd shift i get a wicked backfire at wot none of the other shifts are like that. is there anything i can do to make it a little better? im thinking not enought back pressure so i might need a muffler

my trucks an
06 5.4 f150
k&n cai
straight piped from the cats back
Old Mon, September 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150corey View Post
and well all i can say is that there pretty awesome. the towing tune feels like it has plenty of power for towing just about anything just makes the truck feel like its got more umph to it haha. the 87 sport tune makes the truck peppy and feels like it just wants to go.

but in 87 sport my 1st to 2nd shift i get a wicked backfire at wot none of the other shifts are like that. is there anything i can do to make it a little better? im thinking not enought back pressure so i might need a muffler

my trucks an
06 5.4 f150
k&n cai
Backfire as in out of the exhaust? That sounds like fuel igniting there that didn't burn in the engine. This could indicate a too rich fuel mixture in that band. And, I see you have a K&N CAI - this could be part of the problem.

I think it's something that Bill would have to adjust. There's no user adjustments you can make that will correct this. I'm sure it's a minor adjustment, but you'll have to tell him about it.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, September 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Backfire as in out of the exhaust? That sounds like fuel igniting there that didn't burn in the engine. This could indicate a too rich fuel mixture in that band. And, I see you have a K&N CAI - this could be part of the problem.

I think it's something that Bill would have to adjust. There's no user adjustments you can make that will correct this. I'm sure it's a minor adjustment, but you'll have to tell him about it.

- Jack
yea its only on the 1-2 shift if im on it full throttle. i might try putting a muffler on it because i have a cheep one sitting arround. if that dosent help ill have to shoot him an email.

kinda funny that i gave them all the info on the truck to get the proper tunes and they might not be right? but hey some times it takes a try or three lol
Old Sat, September 8th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Whopper

widj64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150corey View Post

my trucks an
06 5.4 f150
k&n cai
hi,
I got the exact same truck and mods, how long did it take for you to get your order processed? I'm still waiting for mine has been 3 months now
Old Sat, September 8th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by widj64 View Post
hi,
I got the exact same truck and mods, how long did it take for you to get your order processed? I'm still waiting for mine has been 3 months now
2-3 months. i emailed corey and she got everything straightened out for me [make sure you have posted your hex codes etc