Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2015 to 2020 F-150

2015 to 2020 F-150 2.7L, 3.5L, and 5.0L, equipped F-150s

Old Thu, November 5th, 2020, 03:06 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Question What kind of Mileage?

Just curious as to what sort of mileage everyone had been seeing with their Ecoboost 3.5L F-150?

When we got ours, we were seeing somewhere around 16.8 - 17.0 MPG with mostly city driving. We'll get a little better than that when on the highway, but still not what I would have expected... Maybe close to 18.0 MPG.

Now towing? Man is that ever horrible. With a 16 Ft. trailer, moderately loaded, we were seeing something like 8.0 - 9.0 MPG. The truck pulled the load fine, but the economy was terrible. It's so bad that we actually use our 7.3L Excursion to pull loads because it gets 16.0 MPH loaded without even trying.

So what have you been seeing for mileage?

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, November 6th, 2020, 08:21 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

My non-towing mileage in about the 17,000 miles I've driven since I bought it is 14.9 mpg. My towing mileage is 12.8 mpg pulling a 3500# camping trailer. This is better than I got with my old 5.4L Triton in the King Ranch.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, November 18th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I know of two people with ecoboost trucks getting 21-24 mpg on the highway. A buddy of mine claims he can drive from their house west of Austin to Matagorda and back on one tank with every seat occupied and fishing gear in the bed.
Old Wed, November 18th, 2020, 03:38 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
I know of two people with ecoboost trucks getting 21-24 mpg on the highway. A buddy of mine claims he can drive from their house west of Austin to Matagorda and back on one tank with every seat occupied and fishing gear in the bed.
Is he tuned? Or is that stock? Also, how fast does he drive. I'm usually pretty heavy footed. LOL

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Wed, November 18th, 2020, 06:01 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Is he tuned? Or is that stock? Also, how fast does he drive. I'm usually pretty heavy footed. LOL

Nope, both stock vehicles.

My buddy generally drives slower than granny on Sunday but when he wants to go fishing, he'll go pretty fast.
Old Tue, December 1st, 2020, 11:55 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

My truck's mileage has varied quite a bit. My first trip with it, from Salt Lake to Los Angeles I got 21 mpg which really surprised me. Generally speaking I seem to get 14-18 depending on how much city vs highway driving I do. In the past 2 months I've put on 2-3k miles, drove to Oklahoma from Florida with a few trips to DFW area and back, I've been averaging 18-20mpg. I am happy with the mileage. I did tow a 3500# trailer from Cali to Florida and I think I got 10-12 mpg but I didn't track that very well so I don't remember.
Old Tue, December 15th, 2020, 05:42 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
I'm usually pretty heavy footed. LOL

"Usually" all the time.
Old Wed, December 16th, 2020, 02:09 PM

Yes Nod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Quote:
I'm usually pretty heavy footed. LOL

"Usually" all the time."Usually" all the time.
Damn. Someone got jokes today!

(678) 890-1110

Old Wed, May 5th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Whopper

MiguelsCar is on a distinguished road

I can totally relate to the heavy foot issue.
Old Thu, May 6th, 2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelsCar View Post
I can totally relate to the heavy foot issue.
I didn't know there was any other way to drive.

(678) 890-1110

Tags
ecoboost, economy, fuel