Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, September 1st, 2021, 07:53 PM
Whopper Junior

THE FISH BAIT is on a distinguished road
Default 4R100 issue after rebuild

Fresh rebuild and upgrade on my 4r100 now the trans is flaring 300rpm right before shifting into 4th with my hydra installed. Box code is NVK3, i'm using the VRAA6S3 files. It happens in all of the tunes from 25hp tow to 120hp race. The trans guy drove the truck with out the chip and claims that he isn't seeing any issues with the trans. All of the other gears shift good. I'm open to any suggestions yall might have.
Old Mon, September 13th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Whopper Junior

elementaltoad is on a distinguished road

Oddly I am having the same issue with my 2001 Excursion. I don't recall the box code at the moment, but I recall the software running a quick update, then I cleared and reloaded the files on the chip. I went from 10 down to 5 of my favorites.

The tune I ran daily, the 140 Extreme, no longer shifts properly, it flares going into 4th gear, as if unlocking in 3rd, causing a flare while shifting to 4th, and then relocking. I've noticed the relock or shift into 4th, whichever it actually is, is very slow. Almost like slowing letting the clutch out in a manual transmission.

I could picture the clutch material just cooking under immense temps, so I removed that tune and only run the 80hp DD now, which seems to shift better, but still not as confidently as I'd like.
Old Thu, September 16th, 2021, 09:41 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FISH BAIT View Post
Fresh rebuild and upgrade on my 4r100 now the trans is flaring 300rpm right before shifting into 4th with my hydra installed. Box code is NVK3, i'm using the VRAA6S3 files. It happens in all of the tunes from 25hp tow to 120hp race. The trans guy drove the truck with out the chip and claims that he isn't seeing any issues with the trans. All of the other gears shift good. I'm open to any suggestions yall might have.
What happens if you run the VNAAAS3 files? Do you still get the flare?

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, January 23rd, 2024, 04:26 AM
Whopper Junior

Woore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
What happens if you run the VNAAAS3 files? Do you still get the flare?
I’m getting flaring as well 3rd to 4th with vraa6s3, what’s the difference with vnaaas3?
Old Tue, January 23rd, 2024, 04:27 AM
Whopper Junior

Woore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FISH BAIT View Post
Did you find a solution? I have exactly the same flare on vraa6s3, I’ve changed tunes and its much better, I’m still testing though.