Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Tue, March 29th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Double Whopper

wood4heat is on a distinguished road
Default Diamond Eye exhaust

Rocks!!!

An hour ago I installed their aluminized 4" turbo back with strait through muffler on my '03 7.3. I had read several posts on various forums saying their systems weren't as "polished" as others but I thought it looked like quality stuff. I was stunned by the size of it when I opened the box!

The installation went smooth and took between 1 1/2 and 2 hours with a friends help. You could easily install it by yourself if it weren't for the down pipe. You need someone to hold it in place from underneath while you clamp it to the turbo.

A couple complaints I had read were that the down pipe was a tough squeeze between the firewall and block and the S pipe over the rear axle either rubbed the bed or the rear shock depending how it was positioned. I didn't find either of these to be the case. The only problem I encountered was the most forward hanger bracket needs to be about an inch longer to fully engage the rubber mount. I'll take that apart and add a longer bar to it later. Other than that everything fit perfectly!

On to the test drive. I went for a short spin, just long enough to get it to full operating temp to see what I gained for my trouble. In the cab it doesn't sound any different than stock until you get on it and even then it's not loud just deeper. Performance wise I didn't notice anything significant but I only got on it once. I'll have to drive it around a little to really make a judgment there.

All in all I'd say it's a quality system for a GREAT price! I'm very happy with it and one step closer to ordering my Gryphon!
Old Tue, March 29th, 2011, 09:22 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Bill recently put one on his truck as well (01 F-250). Looks good and sounds good!

I put one of their 3" down pipes on my '95 (hooked to stock exhaust) and it was the easiest, best-fitting downpipes I have ever installed on one of those trucks.
Old Tue, March 29th, 2011, 11:23 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I have a 5'' on my crewcab, and it fit nicely. I have installed many MBRP kits on customers trucks....none of them fit as nicely as the Diamond Eye.
Old Thu, March 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
Double Whopper

wood4heat is on a distinguished road

Well I've put about 40 miles on the exhaust now have a clearer idea of what it has done for the truck. It has a deeper crisper sound to it but from inside the cab it's only the slightest bit louder than stock. I drove a short distance with the passenger side windows down and did notice more turbo whistle at low rpm's.

In terms of performance I got what I expected, not much. For my own unscientific test I climbed a hill on my way home that causes the truck to shift down to third at roughly the same spot every time. In three passes over three days the truck still shifts down at basically the same point. It may be my imagination but it does seem to cruise down the freeway with less effort and may be a bit more responsive but when I open it up it pulls about the same as it always has.

In the end I am very happy with this exhaust. I love the tone and didn't really expect a significant performance increase. The installation went smooth and the fit was great. The best thing is I am now ready to move on to bigger more substantial mods!
Old Thu, August 23rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Grey Ghost an Black Smoke

Location: belpre ohio now, but from kanawha falls WV originally
lilgreen97tj is on a distinguished road
Default Diamond eye

I realize this is an older post, but felt I should add my

wood4heat, I have to disagree with you on the performance gain of the 4" diamond eye exhaust. I have it on my 02 supercab 4x4 and after reading your post I can only say I'm glad I had a tuner before I got the exhaust! with stock size exhaust(cat and muffler removed prior to new exhaust) and EDGE CTS on #3 I had to constantly watch the egt's anytime I had any kind of long hills with an 800 pound ATV in the bed;1400 was typical climbing a certain hill on the way home from riding,sometimes requiring that i shift down from 6th gear to keep EGT under control . after putting the 4" diamond eye open kit on it I rarely get over 1200 degrees and don't even have to think about downshifting to control EGT. The 6637 air filter kit also made a much more noticeable difference after the exhaust swap.
2002 F250 super cab SUPER DUTY. 7.3,6speed! South Bend clutch,edge evo CTS, 35"pro comp on 17 MT wheels. 4"diamond eye exhaust.PRO-COMP6.5" front 5"rear lift.4.30 gears and shimmed trac-loc at both ends.custom bulged fiberglass fenders and bedsides with 3" rise by Perry's Fab N Fiber(thanks Mike). wrecked and rolled, but rebuilt both times by myself and and few friends.