Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Tue, July 5th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Emission testing..

Not another!

So I have to take emission testing in AZ.. what a PITA.

From everything I read with the tuner, I just have to unplug it from the OBD port and take the test with it tuned. I did not download another tune or set it to stock. It's been on the same tune for atleast 3 months and over 1500miles worth of driving..

But when I unplugged it and went in to get it tested it showed my OBD port wasn't ready. Did it some how trigger the P1000 code when I unplugged it from the OBD port? Or whats your thoughts?

Sucks sitting in the baking heat and then to "fail".. The guy inside basically told me my truck has been serviced and I need to drive around to let the computer learn again.. which I understand, but is there a reason it triggered that code by just unplugging it from the OBD port? I thought it only did that when re-tuned or set to stock and going in.
Old Tue, July 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If you left it on the custom tune there shouldn't have been any issues not unless their cord is junk.....check your cigarette lighter fuse incase that's been fried.....that's the only other thing I can think of......

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, July 5th, 2011, 11:08 PM

Well I did about 125mile round trip today... so that should get rid of it, if for some reason unplugging it reset it? But the question is, could it have triggered the P1000 code? They didn't tell me what code was set, just that my OBD wasn't "READY"... cause if for some reason I go back in after all this driving and it's still not, "READY" I don't know wtf?

Now if for some reason my fuse is fine or fried, but I pull it out and put it back in, will I have to drive around still to make sure it's gone?
Old Tue, July 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM

I just checked that fuse, it looks good. Replaced it with a new 1 anyways.. so now the question is, am I going to have to drive another 100miles to make that code go away or did this not affect it?

I was going to go tomorrow and see if it will pass but if I fail, then I got to go through a bunch of crap to get it registered being it would have "failed" twice, even though it's just OBD not being read..

Ahh.
Old Wed, July 6th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Is there another place to get it done? The custom tune should not be triggering any readiness codes.
Old Wed, July 6th, 2011, 01:34 AM

No, it's OBD port testing.

So, should this clear within 100miles or so? Or do you think I may have a different problem? I'm hesitant to try to plug Gryphon back in and see if it works.. but if I do that, it will probably trigger it again and I'll have to wait longer and it's due by 15th.. but once I fail twice, I have to call some emission bs place and talk to them, so I have no clue what will be involved with that if I fail again.
Old Wed, July 6th, 2011, 01:36 AM

Is there something else I can try?

Set it back to stock, drive for 200miles and would that work? I'm reading leaving it tuned and just unplugging from OBD port will pass, but now that I failed once.. scared it will happen the 2nd time even driving it for 125miles!

A buddy suggested having like Autozone or someone try to read codes from OBD port to see if their scanner will read it. I would assume if they can, the guys at emission testing should also.. I should have no codes, but just seeing if their scanner will read it?
Old Wed, July 6th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Have you tried pulling codes?
Old Wed, July 6th, 2011, 08:39 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Is the gryphon seeing any codes? Cause autozone will see the same ones...

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 6th, 2011, 01:10 PM

I have not plugged it back in because I figure if I do, I'll trigger the same code and have to drive another 100+ miles.. but if I have Autozone pull them I think I'll be safe? I'm going to try before work.