Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

View Poll Results: Was this review helpful
Yes, please add more as you continue to mod your truck. 30 96.77%
No, don't waste server bandwidth. 0 0%
Undecided, I have trouble committing to things. 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mon, October 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

60DRB, you could try the higher tier brands like Shell and bump the timing up .25 in the custom options menu.

Over here, today, the cheapest gas was $3.18 while Shell was $3.23.

3.23-3.18=.05 difference per gallon. If you fill 20 gallons it only costs $1 more to have good gas over poor gas. For me cheap gas will occasionally be so bad that the truck wont run right while top tier gas has a smooth idle and better performance. In city driving I can also have as much as 1-2 mpg swing from poor gas to good gas so for me it is worth paying a few cents more at the pump. Now that I only use the better brands I've bumped up my timing just a hair. This has also translated to better fuel mileage since I never need to lay into the pedal. Two weeks ago I checked mileage and got 15 mpg in stop and go traffic where I used to be happy with 13.5 ish mpg. *Note, this is on paper. I stopped watching economy PIDs a long time ago.
Old Mon, October 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM
truck # 3

60DRB is on a distinguished road

...but I get so pissed off when the "top tier" CEOs get 1 million dollars per months served severence deals when they [resign] get fired during the annual corruption investigations. I know all those millions of "extra pennies" are going straight into their fat pockets and it makes me crazy. When there are are not even ten gasoline refineries left in our country, I really have a hard time believing there is any real difference in gasoline brands. Each company adds a little something with a trademark on it and they all pull from the same few facilities. I can put a bottle of "Regaine" in a couple times a year and I see no difference.
I've actually tried using Shell, Chevron, and BP vs "the cheap gas" for periods of time and I've seen absolutely no difference in mileage or running performance in my truck, car, or motorcycle. All those CEOs can "eat my shorts", as El Barto says.
At the moment, the cheap stuff is about $3.14 here.