Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, September 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Whopper Junior

dieselgeek5.9 is on a distinguished road
Default How much boost?

Like it says, I have an 04 Excursion 6.0, I have the PHP ECM rollback, Ficm custom tune, 65hp moderate tow and egr delete. Been chasing a P0299 code around. Checked exahust bp sensor, was not plugged. Removed turbo, de-carboned installed new unison ring, I have a 30psi boost gauge and can peg it while towing my 8600 pound toyhauler. Without my trailer I can get it to 27-28psi. I am still on stock head bolts so the 30+ scares me a little.

Also last night returning from the track (with trailer) I experienced a new problem. Pulling a grade, truck downshifted and about 3krpm started surging but went away when I got out of it, did this 3 times last night in the last 20 minutes of my trip. I havent been able to check for codes yet, going to my friends shop soon and will check it with his Snap-on Solus.

Thanks for your help.