Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, March 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Double Whopper

garyfink is on a distinguished road
Default calibration codes

My truck is supposed to have the XLE4 calibration code according to all the documentation on the pcm, but I've been reading around and that there were some original shifting problems with this cal code and that ford made several reflashes available. Is there anyway to to know if my pcm was dealer upgraded? There are no stickers anywhere that I've seen that would lead me to believe it was ever done. The sticker in the door jam looks factory and is calibration code 9DTA-AJ.
Will a scan tool give the present cal code or do I have to take it to the dealer?

Thanks
Gary
E99 F350 , Magnaflow 4" Exhaust , AFE Stage 2 Cold Air, 3.73 Gears, Stock Tires , Transgo Tugger HD2 Repro. Kit with non-pwm apply valve , Landis Triple Disc Low Stall TC manual tc on/off switch, Deep Trans Pan, TS Chip waiting on PHP Tunes, TS Chip Burner.