Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Well I guess I might as well add my input

canned 93 perf. 0-60 was 7.1sec

custom 87 perf. 0-60 was 7.0sec

Cant quite remember what the 1/4 mile times were.
Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Best I'm getting for the 0-60 is 8.5 to 10 on all my runs. That is on every setting including 87 custom perf. I've got the 4.6 with gotts mod, but also alot of heavy metal like tools and a grille guard.
Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Wanna go fast

fordkindaguy is on a distinguished road

I have an 02 4.6 with a cai and exhaust, steady 7.14 if i can keep the tires from spinning. that is done with a full tank, curious if i can get lower
Old Tue, October 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustintheirazz View Post
Theres not a whole lot you can do with the gas engines as far as getting substantial hp gains. Another thing, the 0-60mph and the 1/4 times are inaccurate, meaning they have a quite large level of uncertainty. Just keep that in mind when you run these tests.
What do you mean by your first statement? Kinda leaving it opened ended with no evidence?
Second statement. Yah everyone and there mothers brother knows this. It's just fun to do.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, December 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Whopper

mediumfast is on a distinguished road

2006 lariat, 5.4l, dual flowmasters w 2.5 in pipe. 0-60 7.64 with 93 octane canned performance tune. pretty serious tire spin. could probably get under 7.5 if i nailed the start. havent done 1/4 yet. my 0-60 was 9.64 or 9.68 w/o gryphon.
Old Wed, January 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
Man, my truck is still slooooooooooooowwwww...... I did a 0-60 run on 93 octane tune and got a 9.24. I have to try this again, can't be the best it can do. I ran a 1/4 too, but was watching for traffic coming up behind me and missed the green light, started with a reaction time of 1.33 ran a 17.0 @ 85 mph. My mom's Chevette ran better than that. Needless to say, I will definitely have to run it again. However, I can say that it certainly is running a hell of a lot stronger than it did stock and is stronger than the 87 performance I had done too. I just hate to think how slow it would have run stock, since it feels like you're pulling stumps on stock tuning.
However, I can say the average gas mileage on the Gryphon is showing a +1 MPG increase over the Edge tuning; and that is with the runs I made and a fair amount of stop and go driving, jumping on the gas a fair bit.
Nice little update-
I ran it again now that we are "enjoying" winter weather..... Yes, I'm being sarcastic..... and my 1/4 mile time dropped by a full second. I guess dropping about 70 degrees in intake air temps. makes a nice difference, even if you can't feel it. BTW, this time was with some wheel spin too, which was nonexistent on my previous 1/4 time.
Now if there was a way to keep these temps in the single digit range during the summer......

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, January 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
Nice little update-
I ran it again now that we are "enjoying" winter weather..... Yes, I'm being sarcastic..... and my 1/4 mile time dropped by a full second. I guess dropping about 70 degrees in intake air temps. makes a nice difference, even if you can't feel it. BTW, this time was with some wheel spin too, which was nonexistent on my previous 1/4 time.
Now if there was a way to keep these temps in the single digit range during the summer......
I noticed the same thing. Going from 100˚ to 60˚ cut over half a second. Also cut a full second off my 1/4 mile.
Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 08:03 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder if winterized gas is also playing apart in the dropped times?

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

In the cooler temperatures, you're getting TWO effects that contribute to power. BOTH the fuel and the air are colder, so they are somewhat more dense. This adds up to more energy per fuel/air charge in the cylinders, so, you should see better acceleration. You pay for it though in increased fuel consumption.

As an aside, this phenomena was VERY apparent in the planes I used to fly. In the winter, our jets would just "leap" off the ground (but you couldn't fly as far without refueling). In the hot Texas summers, the old T-33s that I got my basic training in would almost not make it off the ground before we ran out of runway.

One of the preflight calculations you do is "takeoff distance". It needs to be less than the runway length or you don't go. And, a turbojet engine is really just a glorified diesel engine. (It will even burn diesel fuel - but it needs jet fuel for the anti-icing properties).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Forum Predator

Jack's got a good point. But I have also noticed that my truck runs different when they make the switch. I also remember Bill recommending to someone who was having trouble to run 91 tune even though there was 87 in the tank. Maybe they mix the winter stuff to resemble the higher grade fuels.