Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, September 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Cody, can you verify that the Low Boost Fuel map acts as a limiter and not as a delay?

I have not been very successful when trying to control fueling with this map.
Old Sat, September 10th, 2011, 08:22 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I wrote up a HUGE story on that yesterday evening, Dave, but when I hit "post quick reply" a database error showed up and ruined my night.

I'll retype it at some point today for you.

Have any luck with those normalizers yet?
Old Sat, September 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
BROKE

Not yet, been on the road since Friday evening. Plan to hit it hard early
next week.
Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM
ChrisCNC_7.3L

ChrisCNC is on a distinguished road

Got the boost fooler installed, the Overboost Annihilator is preset to 22-23 psi.

What are your reasons, Cody, for saying these are a good idea? I would think at the very least, it is protecting the MAP sensor from pressures greater than for which it was designed.

I was surprised at how small the sensor is, for curiosity sake, I'd be interested to know if this is a MEMs sensor, can't find any information about it one way or the other. Doesn't matter I guess.

Does anyone know about the difference between the MAP PID on the Gryphon versus the Turbo Boost PID? Are both of these coming from the MAP sensor? If so, then is one value inferred from the other?

2003 F250 SD Crew, 7.3L, PHP Gryphon CTS, 5.5" Fabtech Lift, 20" KMC Spy, 315/60/R20 Toyo MT, Billet Grill, ATS Ported Shroud
Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 01:34 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I never said they were a good idea. They are a fix (work well for it, too) for overboost codes and defueling. That's it. People have been sending 40+ PSI of boost to the MAP sensors for years without problems.

If you think about the terminology.....
MAP Manifold ABSOLUTE Pressure will be way different than Turbo Boost GAUGE pressure......by about 14.5 PSI (or whatever the barometric correction is).
Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 02:24 PM
ChrisCNC_7.3L

ChrisCNC is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cody,

That is why kinda I figured one must be inferred from the other if both PIDs were coming from the MAP sensor. I'd assume that the MAP PID is the actual converted signal coming from the MAP sensor and the Boost value is simply this value less the barometric pressure...or there abouts.

-Kevin

2003 F250 SD Crew, 7.3L, PHP Gryphon CTS, 5.5" Fabtech Lift, 20" KMC Spy, 315/60/R20 Toyo MT, Billet Grill, ATS Ported Shroud
Old Tue, September 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE View Post
Cody, can you verify that the Low Boost Fuel map acts as a limiter and not as a delay?

I have not been very successful when trying to control fueling with this map.
I'll get some datalogs when I go to town today. I decided that typing something out and hoping that it makes sense would be inferior to actually SHOWING what's going on there.
Old Fri, September 30th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Whopper

Jeremiah25 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj45lc View Post
All I know is there is no defueling with the tunes so I believe the OA is a waste of $$
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I never said they were a good idea. They are a fix (work well for it, too) for overboost codes and defueling. That's it. People have been sending 40+ PSI of boost to the MAP sensors for years without problems.
I would like some clarification after reading these two statements. Will the truck defuel, while using PHP tunes, if the map sensor sees more than 23 psi?

I have a Gryphon CS coming with 40, 80, 100, 120, and 140 hp tunes and would like to get the most out of them.
Old Fri, September 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah25 View Post
I would like some clarification after reading these two statements. Will the truck defuel, while using PHP tunes, if the map sensor sees more than 23 psi?

I have a Gryphon CS coming with 40, 80, 100, 120, and 140 hp tunes and would like to get the most out of them.
I'll just say this, my boost gauge has been to 28-30 a few times & the truck is still pulling hard when this happens
Old Fri, September 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I'll get some datalogs when I go to town today. I decided that typing something out and hoping that it makes sense would be inferior to actually SHOWING what's going on there.
Any luck with this?