Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Double Whopper

bsdracing is on a distinguished road
Default Can you custom tune yourself?

Hey guys im new to PHP forum and interested in the minotaur package, what are the limits to tuning yourself? I understand that you can change un- encrypted files to your personal needs but can i say change for custom injectors without having bill write me a program?
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Double Whopper

tuning yourself for single shots can you do it I have been looking and reading about this stuff and cant find anything some info would be great because if I can do that kind of tuning im making my order for the minotaur package tomorrow.
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 02:38 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

You can do WHATEVER you heart desires with the Minotaur, splits to singles, singles to splits, big or small, whatever!
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
You can do WHATEVER you heart desires with the Minotaur, splits to singles, singles to splits, big or small, whatever!
so I really dont have to have Bill or anyone else write me a program I can program in what ever i want at no extra cost?
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 02:49 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

All you need to write your own programs is a definition's package for your PCM (included with Minotaur), with that you can write as many programs as you wish...................the possibilities are endless.
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
All you need to write your own programs is a definition's package for your PCM (included with Minotaur), with that you can write as many programs as you wish...................the possibilities are endless.
AWESOME Thanks a bunch I will be making and order tomrow
Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 06:33 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

BSD,

I got your e-mail yesterday but haven't had a chance to respond to it yet. If you'd like to get the 3-day temp license, I'll be happy to set you up. Keep in mind that the temp license doesn't come with a diesel strategy, it comes with an older ('96) Mustang strategy. This is just to help get a feel for the software and the interface.

In regards to the diesel strategies, there are no limitations in the software. This means that is you push something to far (for instance, too much Start of Injection timing) you could very easily damage your engine. The same goes for the transmission. Using the tuning software requires that you have a solid foundation in fundamental combustion processes and more specifically, diesel combustion. If you are at all concerned about your tuning capabilities, then you may want not want to get into something this flexible.

If you'd like to discuss this further, I'll be in the office between 12:00 and 5:00 today and would be happy to explain the software.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
BSD,

I got your e-mail yesterday but haven't had a chance to respond to it yet. If you'd like to get the 3-day temp license, I'll be happy to set you up. Keep in mind that the temp license doesn't come with a diesel strategy, it comes with an older ('96) Mustang strategy. This is just to help get a feel for the software and the interface.

In regards to the diesel strategies, there are no limitations in the software. This means that is you push something to far (for instance, too much Start of Injection timing) you could very easily damage your engine. The same goes for the transmission. Using the tuning software requires that you have a solid foundation in fundamental combustion processes and more specifically, diesel combustion. If you are at all concerned about your tuning capabilities, then you may want not want to get into something this flexible.

If you'd like to discuss this further, I'll be in the office between 12:00 and 5:00 today and would be happy to explain the software.

Take care.
Yeah that would be great I somehow screwed up my password last night for my email so I will have to try everything over the phone and yes I completely understand I could mess stuff up and I know alot about diesels I have built my own compound set ups and built my own motors rebuilt manual transes and T-cases Im just sick of every time I want to try something else I have to send out my chip or programmer and have someone else play the trial and error game when I can vary well do the same thing myself with some practice. I will be calling from a 630 317 number to order and get that code from you. thanks and look forward to working more with you guys on the forum.
Russell