Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, September 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Whopper

John is on a distinguished road
Default Missing Calibration Files?

I have a question about the tunes that I had sent to me when I ordered the Minotaur bundle. I ordered it when it was first available to be ordered, I actually ordered it around Thanksgiving of 2008.

I have had the bundle since the middle of January, but I am just now getting into burning more files onto my chip and, I was looking through the calibrations that I have, and I think I may be missing some of them. I wasn't using my truck for awhile, since I had my 04 GTO out on the road(21~27MPG is hard to beat!), and my truck needed some work(quite a bit lol). Now that my GTO is totaled(I got into a bit of a car accident), I have people fixing my truck for me to drive it since I don't have another vehicle anymore to drive, and I wanted to tweak my tuning since all I do is sit at home all day.

When I open the folder for calibration there are five subfolders, which are: High Idle, Hybrid Shifting, Performance, Stock, and Whisper. Inside the performance folder, the highest the last number goes in the tune only goes to 100, which would be VRAA6S3_60, VRAA6S3_80, VRAA6S3_100. I am assuming these Files would be Performance 60, 80, and 100.

It seems I only have the Stock file, High idle files, those three performance files, whisper file, and hybrid shifting file. I was wondering if when I bought it, was I supposed to get Anti-theft tune, Tow tunes, Daily Driver Tunes, Race Tunes, Extreme Tune, Fuel Sipper Tunes, Valet Mode Tunes, Teen Drive Tunes, Lope Idle tune, and smokeshow tune? I have looked up and down through the folders I have and cannot find these tunes anywhere in them.

I emailed Bill about it, but I am assuming he is busy and figured maybe someone on here could just answer this question, and if I was supposed to get all these files, and if its allowed(I'm not sure on the rules with sharing the tunes), if someone could email me the files I am missing. My PCM code is NVK3 or 4(I forget which one), but I am using PMT1 files.

TIA!
Old Thu, September 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
When I open the folder for calibration there are five subfolders, which are: High Idle, Hybrid Shifting, Performance, Stock, and Whisper. Inside the performance folder, the highest the last number goes in the tune only goes to 100, which would be VRAA6S3_60, VRAA6S3_80, VRAA6S3_100. I am assuming these Files would be Performance 60, 80, and 100.

It seems I only have the Stock file, High idle files, those three performance files, whisper file, and hybrid shifting file. I was wondering if when I bought it, was I supposed to get Anti-theft tune, Tow tunes, Daily Driver Tunes, Race Tunes, Extreme Tune, Fuel Sipper Tunes, Valet Mode Tunes, Teen Drive Tunes, Lope Idle tune, and smokeshow tune? I have looked up and down through the folders I have and cannot find these tunes anywhere in them.

I emailed Bill about it, but I am assuming he is busy and figured maybe someone on here could just answer this question, and if I was supposed to get all these files, and if its allowed(I'm not sure on the rules with sharing the tunes), if someone could email me the files I am missing. My PCM code is NVK3 or 4(I forget which one), but I am using PMT1 files.

TIA!
John, (assumption of name)
I really wish I could help you out on this one, but I am going to have to let Corey and Bill collaborate on this issue.

I'll put it in the moderation section so it gets a more immediate response.
Old Thu, September 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Oh, since edits are usually overlooked, I'll make another post.

If you want a little bit of guidance with certain tunes like "no start" and the speed-limited ones (on any power level) that don't really have anything special about them (and hence aren't infringing on Bill's intellectual property), I can easily let you know what, where, how, and why if you'd like.
Old Thu, September 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Whopper

Thanks Cleatus! The reason why I asked was on PSN when they released the F.U chip and they said that the customers had access to all the tunes they had available. I asked if the people with Minotaur would also have the same access to all the tunes. I got a PM from Corey saying I should have all of them except lope idle. I don't remember if I replied or not(this was awhile ago), but the conversation died there.

Now that I have time I wanted to tweak the tunes I have, but realized if I was missing a few calibrations, then I may not have to do much tweaking of the files. Most of the tweaking(for now) would have just been shifting because I have 37's and a shift kit in the transmission. So I kinda dug this issue back up.
Old Sat, September 19th, 2009, 10:10 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

John,

Did you get the tunes I e-mailed you? Let me know if they did (or didn't) show up.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Whopper

Bill, I just checked my inbox and spam folder, and the email with the tunes must not have went through.
Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 09:58 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

John,

I'll most likely have to resend when I get back to the office. I have very limited access to files and stuff while on the road.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Sun, October 4th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Whopper

Whoa I just had a crazy couple weeks and could not get over here lol. Thanks bill, I am not in a huge rush for them, but I would like to work on them while I am at home so I can make a few different changes to the trans shifting, and test them out while I have plenty of time.

A question though, is it okay for members who have Minotaur to email other members who have Minotaur the tunes you send when we order it? That way I think anyone could send me the tunes.

Thanks!
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 04:22 AM

I have no problem with Minotaur users sharing tunes. In fact, I kind of encourage it. I'm looking at setting up a private forum for Minotaur users to be able to share files and ideas without the hassle of e-mails.

Give me a call tomorrow or Tuesday so we can get your stuff straightened out.

(678) 890-1110