Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sat, October 3rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I edited a couple of posts to clarify a bit.
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 04:15 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Vee haf vays of gettink zee kustom toonz out of zee chips! No chip iz zafe from pryink eyez.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Double Whopper

Blowby is on a distinguished road

Swamps Diesel Performance - Injectors & IDM
Gearhead Automotive Performance - Stage II Cam
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Vee haf vays of gettink zee kustom toonz out of zee chips! No chip iz zafe from pryink eyez.
Notice the time that Bill wrote this? He hadn't been to bed yet. I think he was getting a little loopy.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, October 8th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Love Games?

theSLEEPER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Notice the time that Bill wrote this? He hadn't been to bed yet. I think he was getting a little loopy.

HOLY MOLY!!! LOL
Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I was going to start a new topic but found this information relating to my question. Have a truck at our shop with a 6 position tuner. This person bought the truck in FL(in MN now), and I really doubt that the person has any contact info from who he bought it from. So that puts us at not knowing who did the tuning. I really understand the issue with not distributing the intellectual property of someone else without permission, which I wouldn't, but I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place if this person would like me to make any changes to their tunes unless I go about re-writing some tunes for him.

Edit: just noticed the second page of posts after I made this one.
Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 09:59 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The problem you'll run into is that the TS chips have "vendor codes" specific to whoever owns the rights to the tuning software they happen to be using. For example, I have a chip burner from David Lott at Diesel Innovations. His burner code is "DD". Bill uses a code of "BC". The problem is that the burner code AND the chip code MUST MATCH or you cannot read, erase, or do much of anything with the chip. It sucks for sure, but it's a safeguard for someone else' IP.

So......

On Edit:

If you ever find an old "blue" TS burner, I'd buy it from you.
Old Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

So if I am reading right, even if I were to get approval from the vendor to use their binary files, I would still be unable to write to the current chip in that truck if the "vendor code" is different?

The only luck would getting the binary files from the vendor, and writing them to a new blank chip?

Either that or writing completely new files?
Or even sending back to the vendor to get re-burned if necessary?

This being said, this truck likely does not really need changes to tuning. I was asking mostly out of my curiosity. Its an OBS 7.3l modded out pretty good, H2E, intercooler, FASS fuel system, etc...
It actually came in for blowing off the intake hose off of the turbo compressor outlet, And this even has one of those constant torque clamps on it.
Old Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Just checked with the Mad Doctor, himself, and he said your assessment is right. The chip would have to be reformatted to work with the burner; only problem is that reformatting will erase the chip.

HOWEVER...

If you do decide that you'd like to play with the tunes on that chip, Bill can pull the files off, reformat the chip to your burner, and put them back on for a mere $25 + shipping. As the Joker said in Batman: "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Of course, we do recommend that you get the vendor's approval to play with his files.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019