Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, December 9th, 2009, 11:52 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
This is why I need a 20 position chip... I was trying to shorten the PW and raise the ICP by the opposite amount. IE lower PW 10% and up ICP 10% thinking less fuel but better atomization...

I am wondering how advanced of the SOI would be safe at my altitude. wondering if there is a guideline like 1 degree per 1000 feet elevation for example. Now Cody is suggesting the SOI is not a big influence on economy right? I'm trying to get a good fwy econo tune thus I am working in the 1700-2200 rpm range with my mods. Cody, Do you think pulling the MFD down on the low end of the APP would have a bigger effect? the downside is that would affect the whole RPM range at that APP

Dave, say hi to Santa for me and tell him I been a good boy(lie) being you live in the same town as him
As far as safe SOI goes...... . There is no magic number. Without retyping everything I typed in the SOI thread, I will just say that there are
far too many variables to put a number on it.

I didn't suggest that SOI wasn't a big influence in economy....only that there are far more adjustments that can be made on top of SOI to help increase efficiency.

Pulling MFD down will do nothing for economy except slow your acceleration for any given physical accelerator pedal position. If you want to accelerate at a given rate, you will be injecting a similar amount of fuel whether or not you're at 20% APP in one program or 30% in another program with a less sensitive pedal. Besides, once you start really screwing with the MFD map, your shift points get out of whack and then you need to adjust them again (remember how shift speeds are based halfway on APP).

Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 10:14 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Dave, say hi to Santa for me and tell him I been a good boy(lie) being you live in the same town as him
Will do, next time I get outside of the igloo to go and feed my penguins. Just gotta watch out for those polar bears!
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 12:29 PM
BROKE

Quote:
I was trying to shorten the PW and raise the ICP by the opposite amount. IE lower PW 10% and up ICP 10% thinking less fuel but better atomization...
I too was thinking about making adjustments like this, but I didn't think that the changes would be proportional.

Cody, do you feel like this would be a accurate way to increase ICP, or is there "a rule of thumb" when raising/ lowering ICP?
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Got a joke for you,
Why don't Polar bears eat Penguins?????

Cuz Penguins only live on the South Pole and Polar Bear's on the North...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 07:06 PM
BROKE

Why dont people know that? You would be amazed at the questions people ask.......
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 11:43 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Why dont people know that? You would be amazed at the questions people ask.......

Just like those eco-nazi terrorists that think that cows fart and want to pass legislation to tax them.......

Cows CAN'T fart.

Old Thu, December 17th, 2009, 06:30 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is why I need a 20 position chip... I was trying to shorten the PW and raise the ICP by the opposite amount. IE lower PW 10% and up ICP 10% thinking less fuel but better atomization...
DJ...

The thing to remember about the ICP/PW relationship is that the pulsewidth is already based partly off of ICP. So technically, if you raised the ICP then the pulsewidth should drop automatically. You shouldn't have to go in and make any further changes. Unless I change the injectors, the main pulsewidth table doesn't get touched. It's all handled elsewhere.

Cody...

Cow farts. That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, December 22nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
DJ...

The thing to remember about the ICP/PW relationship is that the pulsewidth is already based partly off of ICP. So technically, if you raised the ICP then the pulsewidth should drop automatically. You shouldn't have to go in and make any further changes. Unless I change the injectors, the main pulsewidth table doesn't get touched. It's all handled elsewhere.

Cody...

Cow farts. That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!
Oh, ok ya mean something that actually makes sense.... I was just messing with the 80HP trying to make it more economical on the freeway. I pulled down the Low boost fuel in the cruising RPMs progressively about 10-15% at less than 10PSI down to zero. haven't tried it yet... would I need to change anything else to compensate for the lower amount of fuel with that amount of change... maybe it won't run at all.. who knows but I'm on vacation so I got time to play around a bit Plus I'm at sea level for a change
Old Tue, December 22nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

It'll run, but the biggest thing you'll notice is that the truck will seem a little slugish on acceleration. We've been there and done that and that's why we don't offer Fuel Sipper anymore. To many complaints that it just didn't pull well off the line at light to moderate throttle. Of course, heavy throttle worked nicely but then what's the point of the program?

You'll find something that's going to work for you. Things that have always helped me with economy:

Shifting (lower the shift points)
ICP (up 5% to 15%)
SOI (up 2 to 6 degrees)

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, December 22nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
It'll run, but the biggest thing you'll notice is that the truck will seem a little slugish on acceleration. We've been there and done that and that's why we don't offer Fuel Sipper anymore. To many complaints that it just didn't pull well off the line at light to moderate throttle. Of course, heavy throttle worked nicely but then what's the point of the program?

You'll find something that's going to work for you. Things that have always helped me with economy:

Shifting (lower the shift points)
ICP (up 5% to 15%)
SOI (up 2 to 6 degrees)

Hope this helps.
Great, thanks,
I am looking for a really economical freeway program 1100 miles one way, shifting doesn't really become an issue. Ill bump the SOI and ICP up a little and see what happens
Actually 90% of the time I am very light on the throttle, but if I need it to, putting my foot into it I want it to move.. so that actually would work well for me....