Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 05:03 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondarychaos View Post
ok Ty.
I'll let you know when I get closer to knowing the exact one I want
Okay. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

Here's what I found PMT1 vs PMT3 if this helps at all??
Attached Files
File Type: txt PMT1vsPMT3.txt (26.4 KB, 34 views)
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 11:18 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I didn't mean to make it sound like PMT1 and PMT2/3 weren't different... they are! But you wouldn't think that with the relatively few changes between them they would shift THAT badly. Whoever at Ford that did the PMT2/3 strategies clearly didn't have their thinking cap on that day.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Bacon King

It's kinda funny if you think about it. I wonder what they were thinking?
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:06 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I think the thing that bothers me is that PMT1 was only out a few weeks before PMT2 became the current release. I mean really, how many PMT1 labeled PCMs has anyone actually seen? Not many over here, that's for sure.

So someone said "PMT1 is okay, but this PMT2 runs fantastic!" and then ran with it for almost 2 years. PMT2 and PMT3 are virtually identical. Someone needs to find that engineer and hard!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Bacon King

I would really like to meet the engineer and ask him why.....I feel stupid just trying to understand the changes? It's backwords, plain and simple
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I think the thing that bothers me is that PMT1 was only out a few weeks before PMT2 became the current release. I mean really, how many PMT1 labeled PCMs has anyone actually seen?

I have one....I lucked out on ebay and got it for $75. I have .......other......plans for it I have to take the board out, glue the J3 traces down, and retin the contacts because the previous owner decided to rub a little too much when taking the epoxy off of the terminals. And for whatever reason, there was some arcing going on between two of the terminals when they crossed at some point :omg:. It still works though and chips work fine in it.

As far as the PMT1 and PMT2 (which my truck is originally) differences go, my wife (who is a GREAT test subject for my work because she's brutally honest) says that stock for stock (nothing programmed or in the J3 port), the PMT1 feels stronger than the PMT2....perceivably different. Why? Who knows? I don't feel a difference but she knows when I've changed the PCM out. Don't get me wrong, stock for stock, the truck is still a gutless turd and programming always helps. However, she finds the PMT1 more tolerable if she has to drive without tuning.

The BIGGEST thing I notice is the forced 4-3 shift and TCC strategy. Neither my wife or I ever floorboard the truck so I don't care about WOT lockup...but the 4-3 shift (and subsequent TCC unlock/lock strategy) seals the deal for me...the more responsive APP does it for her.
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 11:35 AM

I agree with both you and the wife. The PMT1 always felt stronger to me, even if only a a little bit. Of course, that may be entire because of the transmission strategy better handling the power from the engine and putting it to the ground.

The reason we went to PMT1 was specifically because of the shift strategies, especially the 4-3 and T/C shifts. This is also the reason we created the VDH/PMT, MNM/PMT, and XLE/PMT hybrid files. They just shift so much better than the original strategies.

In the end, it's whatever makes you happy.

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Don't get me started on those lovely strategies that won't even lock the torque converter in 2nd or 3rd gear no matter the load then immediately lock it when the 3-4 shift occurs. Those will make you wonder what the :censored3: those programmers were smoking :1moon: when they came up with that :censored3:.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Whopper

Big Bore is on a distinguished road

I am having major problems with the PMT1 strategy here in the CO mountains. Downshifting requires way too much pedal at way too low of speeds, causing lag, smoke, and then sudden acceleration when it does downshift. I would go so far as to say I hate it. It does not keep the truck in the powerband, instead it is constantly lugging around. So does the Minotaur software allow shift points to be adjusted using RPM instead of road speed?