Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Devon

rednoved is on a distinguished road
Default Upgrade Questions.

When you upgrade an Edge to a Gryphon, does it still have the same serial number? Model number? I entered that information into my user CP a while back for my Edge. It was the 15051 model. Is the Gryphon still the same model number, or is it now something else?

Just wondering if I need to change anything. I probably could have just waited for my Gryphon to get shipped. :o

Oh, and If I am getting my Edge upgraded to a Gryphon, is Pegasus useful to me in anyway before I get the Gryphon? I know the people that ordered tunes can see their update status on it. Can I do that? Or do I need a Gryphon first?

I want to think I remember reading that Gryphons are usually shipped out on Fridays. Maybe that was one time, but it sounds familiar. Is that true?

As far as tracking numbers, does PHP send them, or does UPS or FedEx send them to us? I get a lot of emails throughout the day, want to be on the look out for the right ones.

When checking the status of your update, is there another way to do it aside from asking and bothering Bill or Corey?
Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
When you upgrade an Edge to a Gryphon, does it still have the same serial number? Model number? I entered that information into my user CP a while back for my Edge. It was the 15051 model. Is the Gryphon still the same model number, or is it now something else?

Model number and serial number both change.

Just wondering if I need to change anything. I probably could have just waited for my Gryphon to get shipped. :o

Oh, and If I am getting my Edge upgraded to a Gryphon, is Pegasus useful to me in anyway before I get the Gryphon? I know the people that ordered tunes can see their update status on it. Can I do that? Or do I need a Gryphon first?

Pegasus won't really do you any good until you get the unit back.

I want to think I remember reading that Gryphons are usually shipped out on Fridays. Maybe that was one time, but it sounds familiar. Is that true?

The get shipped as they are completed. It just happens that scheduling usually leaves Fridays as "upgrade day".

As far as tracking numbers, does PHP send them, or does UPS or FedEx send them to us? I get a lot of emails throughout the day, want to be on the look out for the right ones.

We use UPS. UPS should automatically send you a tracking number when the order is put in the system. On occasion though, some folks haven't received their tracking number. (Because e-mail is SOOOOOOO reliable!)

When checking the status of your update, is there another way to do it aside from asking and bothering Bill or Corey?

On an upgrade, not really. Just ping us for status.
Hope that answers everything.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If you did the upgrade option/conversin then you will get a new sn.

Now that you got your upgrade you will find the custom tunes already loaded on the grytphon.

Pegasus is your software to your connection to the gryphon. You need it to change splash screens and do updates and repair anything if it ever happens.

Due to abuse the invoice/sn feature reads 0000 on pegasus.

They use ups.
They will email you a tracking #.

Any more ?'s
Fire away!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Guess I took to long to reply!
The BIG CHEESE beat me to it!
Lol's

Lars
:doh!:

Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Devon

Thank yall for the fast replies!

What all is shipped with the upgrade? I ordered an OBDII port cover, I'm assuming that will be in the box. Is there still only yellow covers, or did yall get red ones yet? Do I need to download the manual, or will one be sent with it?

Also, I would like to order a PHP decal, should I just make a new order, or is there a way to add it to my existing order? If you shipped it in the box with the Gryphon, it might save you the cost of an envelope. I wanted to double check with yall before I ordered it off the main website.

In another post I read there is a data logging feature? Is that fully functional yet, and is there a guide anywhere? I browsed through the manual, but didn't see anything. Did I overlook it?
Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 02:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Bill?
Corey?
I can't answer this one!

Lars

Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 08:29 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Devon,

Your unit went out today but in the rush (UPS showed up a little early, right as we were boxing it up 2 upgrades) I messed up and left your OBDII cover on my desk.

We'll be mailing you the cover and also include a sticker for you, just because I'm a slouch.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Devon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Devon,

Your unit went out today but in the rush (UPS showed up a little early, right as we were boxing it up 2 upgrades) I messed up and left your OBDII cover on my desk.

We'll be mailing you the cover and also include a sticker for you, just because I'm a slouch.

Take care.
Awesome! No rush on the cover, I'll have my Gryphon plugged in for a while. I don't plan to go to a dealership anytime soon.

Ahh, I can't wait! These next couple of days for shipping are gonna take FOREVER!

Thanks again!
Old Sat, August 22nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
Awesome! No rush on the cover, I'll have my Gryphon plugged in for a while. I don't plan to go to a dealership anytime soon.

Ahh, I can't wait! These next couple of days for shipping are gonna take FOREVER!

Thanks again!
Ah yes!
Time will start to move real slow now!

Enjoy it when it comes!

Lars

Closed Thread