Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 08:24 AM
Double Whopper

banks is on a distinguished road
Question Z MAX

has anyone used z max or have any thoughts about it, just curios if it really helps get reed of the carbon build up in the motor
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Never heard of it.

One thing I've used for over 20 years is Berryman's B-12 Chemtool.

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/

This stuff is absolutely the BEST fuel injection cleaner on the planet. When you run it, it will actually remove the carbon buildup for the injector nozzles and intake valves.

Just an example:

We had a 96 Corsica that developed a miss on Cyl. 3 and would actually set a check engine light for a Cyl. 3 misfire. After a full tune-up (plugs, wires, oil change) the engine still had a miss on Cyl. 3 and further investigation revealed that the #3 injector wasn't firing properly.

Well, I wasn't terribly excited about the prospect of replacing the injector... not that it's that difficult. I just didn't feel like pulling the intake plenum off to get to the injectors. I made a trip over to the local Napa and picked up two small bottles of B-12 Chemtool thinking that it couldn't make things any worse. One bottle in the tank and by the time I was halfway through the tank, the misfire was gone and the CEL was also gone. By the second tank and second bottle, the car had never run better and our fuel economy improved as well.

Of course, it's my fault for neglecting the injection system in the first place. Sometimes you just forget these things. However, B-12 has been around for a LONG time and we used it undiluted for fuel injection services years ago.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Never heard of it.

One thing I've used for over 20 years is Berryman's B-12 Chemtool.

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/

This stuff is absolutely the BEST fuel injection cleaner on the planet. When you run it, it will actually remove the carbon buildup for the injector nozzles and intake valves.

Just an example:

We had a 96 Corsica that developed a miss on Cyl. 3 and would actually set a check engine light for a Cyl. 3 misfire. After a full tune-up (plugs, wires, oil change) the engine still had a miss on Cyl. 3 and further investigation revealed that the #3 injector wasn't firing properly.

Well, I wasn't terribly excited about the prospect of replacing the injector... not that it's that difficult. I just didn't feel like pulling the intake plenum off to get to the injectors. I made a trip over to the local Napa and picked up two small bottles of B-12 Chemtool thinking that it couldn't make things any worse. One bottle in the tank and by the time I was halfway through the tank, the misfire was gone and the CEL was also gone. By the second tank and second bottle, the car had never run better and our fuel economy improved as well.

Of course, it's my fault for neglecting the injection system in the first place. Sometimes you just forget these things. However, B-12 has been around for a LONG time and we used it undiluted for fuel injection services years ago.

Hope this helps.
hehehe.I love that stuff!!