Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 11:00 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Default I drink, I get drunk, I fall down... No Problem!

Okay,

So I am swiping this thread from one that Corey started on another forum. I thought it was pretty amusing (an occasionally a little scary) to hear the alcohol enhanced tales of woe from other members.

So here's you chance to tell the world those moments where you you didn't have your "thinking cap" screwed on tightly while consuming your poison of choice!

Of course, I have to start off so here goes...

My 3 worst nights...

#3) Baja Beach Club on Oakland & Federal in Fort Lauderdale. After several Cherry Bombs and a "Suck it from the Bucket" (basically a half gallon of Long Island Ice Tea), I decided I wasn't feeling too well and it was time to go home. Needless to say, the 30 mile drive back to Miami was not fast enough and ended up covering the whole passenger floor with half inch of spew.

#2) All I can really say is Goldschlager. After my buddy and I finished the first bottle, we headed down the street to the liquor store for another, larger bottle. With that one down the gullet, it was time to go home. Once again, didn't make it without blessing the floorboards.

and (drumroll please...) :drummer:

#1) Involved a 2 liter of Stoli. We started out with screwdrivers and then decided the orange juice was just getting in the way. I drank a little over half the bottle and two others drank the rest. The last thing I remember was all of us being outside chasing cats with a broom in our underwear. Woke up the next morning stark naked on the floor. :covereyes: Can't even remember if I had a good time or not... :whistle:

And all this time I thought I was having fun!

Of course, now I know what "moderation" means. Hee hee!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
Double Whopper

jerodr is on a distinguished road

Haha #1 is my favorite.

Here's my 3:

#3 - Family reunion: The reunion didn't start until about 6pm and I thought it would be a good idea to start about 11am...bad idea. After about 15 beers and an hour car ride we arrive at the fiesta and my uncle immediatly greets me with a bottle of crown royal (typical crazy uncle) and says "you ready". Last thing I remember is having to leave the karaoke stage mid-song to and my whole family pointing and laughing at me. Had to stop three times the next morning on the side of I-35 to well...you know!

#2 and #1 are from college days.

#2 - Frat Party: The The University of Texas here in Austin theme parties are a big deal. I took a date to a large full-camo themed frat-party...face paint and everything. After about 9 hours of beerbonging, shotgunning, and shot taking I woke up to find my self in an all girls dorm during "breakfast call." Since I wasn't supposed to even be in the building I literally had to run through the cafeteria while 500 girls stopped and stared. I looked like I had done 2 tours of duty in vietnam.

#1 - House Party: I was kindof a good beerbonger back in the day. One night instead of beer I was dared to bong bacardi rum and I did. I bonged around a half-bottle with about an ounce of coke in it. I woke up the next morning(luckily) to two black eyes, a bloody nose, and a fat lip. My buddies told me I passed out standing up and came crashing down on the concrete face first.

I'm so glad those days are behind me.

Jerod
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

One of my very worst was New Year's Eve 1989 (I believe). We were playing Quarters with shots of Rumpelmintz. Just trust me when I say that it was ba-a-a-d. Hours on a bathroom floor... (thank goodness it was clean!). Projectile vomit... It was not pretty.

This is a picture of our liquor cabinet, which is actually a gorgeous piece of carpentry built in the 1800s. Nobody would think that inside, there might be a surprise...

One might think that with all this booze (and I didn't even OPEN the drawers!), we drink like fish. Nope. Since we moved here in June 2007, I think we've actually made 10 drinks, maybe. (It's just always nice to have ) (The Cuervo's on the second shelf in the back on the right, Jack! )

When I was growing up, my stepdad used to tell my sister and me (and yes, me is correct -- it is an object pronoun), "You're not even a real person until you turn 25." I hated hearing it, and I just KNEW that he was mistaken -- until I turned 30 or so. In retrospect, you're NOT a real person until you're AT LEAST 25. I think back to my early 20s and wonder how I made it to 39.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Sun, December 21st, 2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

I have found that if you have it in the cabinet or fridge, you want it less than if you didn't have any at all.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Beautiful cabinet Corey!

I too remember some rather bad times with the old devil drink. One time we were drinking "Artillery Punch" in the frat house at Ga Tech. I suddenly discovered I could hardly walk and it was time to take my date home. Thankfully, I was still smart enough to realize I shouldn't drive, so I simply passed out on one of the couches with my head in her lap. :sleeping: I'm sure I made a wonderful impression! :dunce: Finally got her home just before sunup.

How the heck do we live through these experiences, anyway?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 09:07 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

I have two incidents that to this day still get harassed about (old friends from HS)

We were playing quarters and chandeliers and I was feeling no pain. Later that night (or morning) I decided I was going to walk down to the 7 Eleven and get some munchies. I bought a dozen doughnuts and a half a gallon of milk. Got back to the apt. and chowed down. About an hour later guess what? Turns out I ate a dozen doughnuts and a half a gallon of half & half :omg:!!! Let me tell ya', that combo with 1000 gallons of beer = nasty

My oldest friend and I had been to a party one Friday night in high school drinking Firewater. I had a 66 notchback and we decided after the party to go get some Little Kings and go cruise around. He ended up driving because I couldn't. Almost home and here I go again . Unfortunately, when I went to stick my head out the window the window was rolled up. I smashed my head on it and all over myself, the floor shifter, and the stereo ( I had the stereo mounted to the floor because I didn't want to cut the dash to fit it). The next day the car wreaked and the stereo didn't work.

Ahh, the gold ole days
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
Unfortunately, when I went to stick my head out the window the window was rolled up. I smashed my head on it...
I have seen that happen too many times! That's like those who slam smack dab into a sliding glass door. Priceless!

Sorry to hear about the radio though... that must have really sucked.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

The stock a.m. radio still worked though
Old Mon, December 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Village Idiot

bangingd is on a distinguished road

Let's see there are too many to count during my Army stint and Ft Bliss Tx. We spent every weekend in Juarez, Mexico where a "trash can" full of 60 beers was 15.00 and shots ot te-kill-ya were .25. lets just say 2 people 20.00 each one would buy a trash can and the other would give bartender a 20.00 and say keep the shots coming. We would come back over the bridge after sun-up regularly.

There was one time I taught a Mexican girl to say "american" at the border crossing and woke up in the barracks with an illegal girl (citizenship not age). Women were not allowed in the barracks at all. I some how snuck her in (don't remember). I had to sneak her out and drive her to the border where I promptly dropped her off and said "Hasta la vista". As a side note she was much better looking when I taught her to say "American" than she was when I said "Hasta la vista". Tequila has severe vision and judgment altering properties.

One of the best was actually in England. We were there training on a new weapon system with British Aerospace. We were there over the 4th of July. (They don 't actually celebrate it there) British Aerospace was nice enough to get us a back room of a pub and set up a celebration. They asked us what we wanted to drink. We chose te-kill-ya among other things. Long story short after consuming too much liquid courage we went into the front public section of the pub there ended up being what would amount to an international incident. They did not like the "F___ the queen" remarks and the "we whooped you arse in 1776 and we will damn sure do it again" remarks. Let's just say there was quite a bit of property damage. After they rounded us up and brought us back to the British Military base we grabbed a bottle of Jack and sat in the commanding general's front lawn and pounded it.

We were in quite a bit of trouble and lost a pay grade.

It was worth it
Old Thu, December 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Double Whopper

RGSMDNR is on a distinguished road

Heres my worst story..

It was my 21st birthday and my friends were feeding me shots ALL night long. They figured i drank about 20-25 shots. They were driving me home and on the way i had to puke... i rolled the window down and let er rip... some landed on the car, but most flew into the back seat on a friend of mine. I felt bad so i turned around to say sorry and while facing him.. puked again!

The next morning i woke up and couldnt figure out where my car was. I searched my pockets and found my friends car keys. He left his car, and took his... So i went down the street to see what i had done and there was puke all over the door... and on the inside of the car. I took the car to a car wash and started cleaning it up. I managed to get all puke cleaned up and got rid of the smell too. That night we exchanged cars and shared a laugh.

A few days later i get a call from my friend... He had another buddy of ours in the car and as he pulled the seat belt out on the passenger side... well needless to say i forgot to clean the seatbelt... oops

Closed Thread