Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough
Default Official Shootin' the Breeze Thread

I figured I would start the PHP bs'n thread. You know, to say good morning or good night, what your havin' for dinner, or just whatever.

I just finished a late snack of leftovers. Pork, sour kraut, and a small piece of country sausage. My father-in-law made this stuff for New Years Day dinner. He cooked a boneless piece of pork for 13hrs and this stuff just falls apart mmm mmm good

Now I'm ready to go to bed :
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
A shoot the $hit thread! I love it!

Your snack sounds awesome. Bill is in Utah, so cooking is out for the week. I love to cook, mind you (in fact, the majority of my Christmas gifts were for the kitchen!) -- it's just that I'm holding down the proverbial fort and am chained to my desk.

Our 7-year old, Liam, put on his new apron (customized X-mas present that says "Mom's Helper") this evening and started water boiling on the stove. Then I supervised as he poured in the pasta and stirred it. I pretty much took over after that, but he was very excited to be "making dinner" for the very first time.

Wil, our 9-year old, made me help him remove a very loose tooth tonight. (I tried to talk him out of me helping! ) That's Daddy's job! It was totally disgusting -- not the blood, but the overall sickening *POP* it makes. But I did it, and he's very excited.

Overall, we've had a great day. Life is good.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Washed my truck again today. Man, that thing is BIG!

Why can't they make a tiny truck, with huge cargo capacity and enormous pulling power?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM

Who knows, if Liam doesn't become the next performance guru like his dad, maybe he'll be the next Emril

Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Washed my truck again today. Man, that thing is BIG!

Why can't they make a tiny truck, with huge cargo capacity and enormous pulling power?

- Jack
I hear ya' This is my first black truck and my last. Next one will be silver
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM

Bed time for me, good night all
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

mine gets washed maybe 2x a year i mainly get the dust off the dirt. the only clean day it had was the day i bought it
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Question

NS, I just found out this week where in Canada you live. How do you do it? You might as well be Santa's neighbor! And here I am complaining about 50 degrees...

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

moved up here at the age of 3...been here ever since. town of 900-1000 people..no walmart...tim hortons...any fast food chain etc...pretty isolated..gotta drive 445KM or 280 miles to the ONLY walmart in the territory. hell..our capital city only has 25,000-30,000 people. i like the small town bussle..everyone knows everyone...don't have to lock our doors..everyone knows who the theives are. the bigger cities i go to..vancouver, edmonton drive me nuts...sensory overload. i can leave my house on the 4 wheeler and not get bothered by the cops, i can go hunting 15 minute drive from my living room. i'm getting tired of the 7 month winters. it's gonna be -49 farenheit tonight or -45 Celcius. on days like this it's great to sit at home and talk to all you folks on the laptop and get to know you all and where you're from.
here's my weather forecast for the week.....enjoy you warm buggers
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/forec...l?yk-13&unit=i
Old Sat, January 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
moved up here at the age of 3...been here ever since. town of 900-1000 people..no walmart...tim hortons...any fast food chain etc...pretty isolated..gotta drive 445KM or 280 miles to the ONLY walmart in the territory. hell..our capital city only has 25,000-30,000 people. i like the small town bussle..everyone knows everyone...don't have to lock our doors..everyone knows who the theives are. the bigger cities i go to..vancouver, edmonton drive me nuts...sensory overload. i can leave my house on the 4 wheeler and not get bothered by the cops, i can go hunting 15 minute drive from my living room. i'm getting tired of the 7 month winters. it's gonna be -49 farenheit tonight or -45 Celcius. on days like this it's great to sit at home and talk to all you folks on the laptop and get to know you all and where you're from.
here's my weather forecast for the week.....enjoy you warm buggers
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/forec...l?yk-13&unit=i

I'll never complain about the cold again and what, 6 hrs of daylight?!?! Remember the t.v.show "Northern Exposure", is that what it's like in your town?