Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Your First Car?

Okay, let's here it! Tell us about your first car?

Now, I distinctly remember the conversations among my mom, dad, and me -- the outcome being that my first car would be one that I could trash... because I would. That was just a fact as far as they were concerned.

I got my license at 17 in 1986, but I didn't get my first car until I started college in 1987 (in the meantime, I DID drive my sister's car into a parked Cadillac, but that's another story). It was a two-door 1979 Chevy Malibu Classic, and it was the lovely 70s avocado green -- inside and out -- with what-used-to-be-a-white roof. Since green was my favorite color at the time, it was perfect! It didn't have power ANYTHING, it didn't even have A/C, but it DID have a rockin' auto-reverse cassette player. Oh yeah...

I fondly remember driving all OVER Long Island with the windows down and my big ol' 80s hair getting even bigger with the wind whipping in through the driver's window and out the passenger window, belting out songs from Squeeze's Singles 45s & Under was the BOMB! I was also into New Wave, so I would imagine one might've heard some Depeche Mode, Smiths, or OMD playing as well. Something to keep in mind is that while I'm fond of singing, I'm very aware that I fit into the LOUD -- as opposed to GOOD -- category.

The one small problem the car had was that it leaked oil. No problem, I guess, had I really understood the true importance of oil to a car's engine. While I was living at home, I'm assuming that my dad took care of topping the oil off every so often. When I moved out, I didn't. Ever hear the sound an engine makes when it's dry as a bone?

It was my baby until mid 1991 when I killed it. (That's okay... it already had an 18" long gash in the passenger door from when I tried to pull into a left turn lane around a delivery truck in 1989 or 1990. Guess I cut it a little close. Man, that truck's bumper sure did win the battle vs. my car door! That's back when cars were actually made of steel instead of plastic. )

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

'94 Ford Bronco. Bought it stock but it did not stay that way for long. I'll look for a pic...
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

Lets see if this works..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BRONCO.jpg (72.9 KB, 5 views)
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 01:39 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Awwww, that is NICE! Just don't make 'em like that anymore.

I miss my dad's 77 F-250. It was the first truck I ever saw on 44's and did it ever look good.

As for my first? 1977 Malibu Classic (before they went to the square body style) with a 305, Turbo 350, and Firethorn Metallic Red. The 305 was rated at a scorching 140 bhp for that year. With a 2.73 rear gear, that thing would barely get out of its own way, much less ever break the tires loose.

It eventually gave way to my 1972 Chevelle which was probably one of my most favorite cars. Metallic Blue with blue interior and lo-back bucket seats with full console shifter. It had a sorry, worn-out 307 when I got it. Budgets being what they were, I rebuilt the 307 with a set of high compression 11.25:1 pistons, 2.02 heads, 280 cam, Hooker Super Comps through FlowMasters, Edelbrock Performer intake and an 800 Holley Spreadbore carb (which was a pain in the a$$ to jet because of the cam). Rebuilt the Turbo 350 tranny with a full-on shift kit that actually shifted so hard it broke the welds on the right axle tube where it was pressed into the differential pumpkin. Never broke an axle though! A 12-bolt, 3.42 gear rear end out of an Olds Cutlass slipped right in and launch problems were solved. I wish I still had pictures of it, but some things never make it in the divorce.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

My first car was a 1969 Porsche 912....with a volkswagon beetle engine in it.

One of our neighbors gave it to me for mowing his lawn for an entire summer. Was a real head turner, at least until I fired it up
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Googlemiester

seeleyra is on a distinguished road

My first car was a poop brown 78 chevy Nova! I totalled that and ended up with an old ford Festiva! Had that for a week and traded it for a 78 Buick Skylark, traded that for an 85 Buick Regal. Since then;
86 Tempo
91 S-10
89 Citation! LOL
85 K-5 Blazer
87 Olds Cutlass
91 Ford Windster
90 Honda Accord
86 GMC Jimmy
01 Taurus
03 FX4 Expedition (still have it)
06 Ranger
06 F-150 STX (yuck!)
to the current 07 FX4
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Guess i'll add the complete list too

69 Porsche 912 - Angry woman poured something in the gas tank
91 Cavalier - Gave to my Grandparents
92 Lumina - Gave to my sister
72 CJ5 - Rolled it
92 Beretta - Blew it up
94 S-10 - Sold it to help my Grandma with bills
69 Corvette - Sold it to pay for college (long story)
72 El Camino - Dad bent the frame (long story)
54 3100 - Sold it after was struck by lightning (long story)
92 Tracker - Blew it up
69 AMX - Sold it and bought my
04 F150
71 CJ7 - Turned into too big of a project

I think that's it...
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

1966 T-bird, it had been in the family for years. It was mine but I was never allowed to drive it. Then had a 74 Road Runner with a 440, those were the days.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

2001 Toyota Tacoma... That I had in 2005. Great truck... until I totalled it.
I was working nights and going to school days, and I fell asleep on the way to work one day.
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Whopper Junior

groovy guy is on a distinguished road
Default 1st car

84 cross-fire vette in 87
Closed Thread