Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Whopper

halfton is on a distinguished road

85' Mustang LX maroon- 2.3L, auto
84' Mustang GT white t-top- built 302, t-5
82' Mustang GT grey- built 302, c4
83' F150 XLT 2wd two tone brown- 351W, c6
78' brown LTD- built 351W, c4
79' F150 blue reg. cab LB-built 460, c6 9" lift, 35s
89' Saab 900 turbo silver- riced out
69' Mustang coupe red- built 302, c4
02' Mustang GT 4.6L 5 spd. blue- misc. mods
97' F350 XLT black 4x4 reg. cab LB SRW- 460
05' F150 SCREW FX4 white/grey 5.4L, Gryphon, etc.....
06' F250 SCREW SB FX4 6.0L black- 6", 35s, Gryphon, etc....

In bold I still own.
Wow, good memories........!
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

My first car was a 77 Dodge Aspen, Marroon, Kraco 8 track w/Cricket 6x9's w/a 225 slant six w/the air cleaner turned upside down . It was my Mom's car and a handy me down (just like everything else growing up, older brother and sister :cry

The first summer I had the car me and my buddies took it up to Cedar Point from Akron (about 120 miles one way). You could kind of smell oil on the way up but I shrugged it off. When we left to come home I decided that I better check the oil. Welp, there's not a drop of oil on the dipstick . Between the four of us we only had enough money for two quarts of oil (spent all our money on beer ). I put them both in and it barely registered on the dipstick. Well I made the intelligent decision to drive it home anyways and would you believe that sob made it. That car ran great but the rust was unstoppable. The frame ended up rusting out on it. Scraped it.
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Double Whopper

AgentOrange is on a distinguished road

My first vehicle was a '73 F250 that I paid a whopping $200 for...couldn't afford much on a high school budget. I had so much fun in that POS and loved to work on it. It had a 390 in it w/ a 4-speed, really a 3 speed because 1st was a granny gear. It would drink as much oil as gas. I put that thing through hell and she kept on running. I sold it to my younger brother as his first vehicle, a few years later, for the same price I paid for it.

Since then:
'66 Chevy C10
'73 Dodge Power Wagon
'78 Ford Bronco w/ 460 & 39.5 Swampers - my favorite, besides my current truck
'96 Chrysler Concorde
'01 Nissan Altima
'05 Ford F150 King Ranch 4x4 - currently owned

2005 F150 King Ranch SCrew 4x4
Flowmaster SIDO exhaust
DIY Ram/CAI
Electric Fan
Leveled w/ 20" wheels
3.73 LS
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

Crossfire!!! Hell yeah!!! LOL
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough
Default 57 Chevy

57 Chevy 350 / 370hp stock, LT-1, tunnel ram 2 660 holleys, fender well headers. 7 qt deep sump pan. m22 rock crusher . Would pull the wheels 1st and 2nd. Good thing cars cant talk. Jim
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

77' F-100 Custom. 300 Straight 6 with a 3 in the tree. Loved that thing. Never did anything other than service and 1 starter. Well over 200K on it.
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 01:37 AM
Glocks and Goldwings

glockwinger is on a distinguished road

1979 GMC High Sierra 2 wheel drive. Bright Yellow. Since those many years ago, I have seen the light and now own Ford Products
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 12:19 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovy guy View Post
84 cross-fire vette in 87
Cross-Fire! We used to call those "Miss-Fire" injection in the early '90s because those twin TBI throttle bodies would become unsynchronized, with carbon around the throttle plates and stuff. They would backfire constantly any time you stabbed the throttle.

For YEARS I had a complete Cross-Fire manifold I pulled off of a rare Firebird Cross-Fire setup. I eventually had a couple plates made to replace the original twin TBI plate. One of them was for two 2-bbl carbs, one for two Square Bore (ie. 600 CFM) Holleys, and one for two Spread Bore (ie. 650 CFM) Holleys/Quadrajets.

On the 350 I put it on, for day to day driving the two 2-bbl setup ran the best with a good combination of throttle response and midrange power. The Spread Bore plate worked reasonably well at low to mid RPM with two Quadrajets due to the small primaries which increased intake velocity and improved throttle response. Unfortunately, it had a HUGE flat spot when the secondaries opened up (which had mostly to do with poor jetting of the secondaries) but once past that little issue that engine would SCREAM! I never did get to run the Square Bore plate, but I'm sure it would have worked well with good jetting.

In retrospect, I would use this manifold on anything other than a 400ci small block simply because of the vacuum requirements need to generate the air velocity necessary for good atomization. It was a fun experiment though and I really learned quite a lot about multiple carb setups from it.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Closed Thread