Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Googlemiester

seeleyra is on a distinguished road
Default Finally mailed off my Edge!

Oh yeah! Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh! I can not wait! Whoo hoo! Thanks again Corey for all the patience and help with guiding me as to what to do!
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 11:28 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Oh great... Now we'll have another customer burning up the asphalt!

Just don't blame us for speeding tickets and bald tires.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Googlemiester

Who me?
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Googlemiester

I do have a quick question though...

I have spoke with Corey via e-mail a few times and as usual I am second guessing my order. lol (I do this a lot)

My truck ran like crap with the Evo on any setting due to the K&N 57-2556 CAI. I have since sent the unit in for upgrade and requested the following custom tunes;

87 Stock Tranny
87 Custom Tow
87 Custom Performance

My question is this... Does this mean that my truck will still run like crap if set on the 87 Stock Tranny mode? Or should I have upped it to a 87 Custom Tranny?

It's bad enough I get confused easy about this stuff, then I start thinking and it gets worse! LOLOL
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 09:57 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Why don't you just leave the Level 1 tune alone and never use it? That's what I do with my Gryphon. I have two custom tunes and I never use the third tune, which is the canned 91+ octane tune. A transmission only tune made no sense to me so I had it changed to a Level 1 87 octane economy tune, for daily driving.

I should add that any tune you have should take into account that you have the CAI. A stock tune will not do this and yes, it may well run like crap on a stock tune.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Like Jack mentioned, there's no reason to pay for a tune you're not going to use. If you have a good reason to run a trans only tune, then it's worth it to get it updated to work with the CAI. If you have no plans to ever use it, just leave it alone and save the money.

The other option is to go with something like a 91 performance tune instead of the trans only. I mean if you're going to pay for it, get something useful.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Googlemiester

Well when i had it working i only used level 1 and 2, I never even tried 3. Is the Tranny one and the economy one pretty much the same? I take long trips once in a while where an economy tune would be nice. OMG, this is driving me batty now! LOL
Is the level 1 economy and the level 2 towing pretty similar? I need to make up my mind quick! LOL
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 05:16 PM

Actually, an "Economy" program is more closely related to the "Performance" program. The "Tow" program is going to have elevated shifts and a slightly richer AFR (for better torque), which is the exact opposite of what you're looking for with fuel economy.

(678) 890-1110

Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And the "tranny" program is just that - improved shifting and not much else. You get improved shifting with any non-stock tune, so you might as well get something more in the bargain.

- Jack
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Googlemiester

So the order form is correct then for my needs? I run the Level 1 90% of the time, and occasionally tow. I have never used the performance one, but if I get a wild hair it would be nice to know it's there.

So if the Economy and the Performance are pretty much the same, I should just shut up, relax and do like Corey suggested! LOL

Stock Tranny (never use)
Custom Tow
Custom Performance

You should have seen it when I was looking for my replacement gears! LOL