Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about
Default Man I love Northern California

That was my truck as I was walking into work this morning.
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

yea we definitely dont see that down here....solid 72 degrees outside
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Not missing that snow nonsense one darn bit!

The windows are open here (and the sills are filled with cats) and the boys are at the park playing with some friends. is just around the corner!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

I love it- I'd rather have an insanely dense snowstorm than a sunny day
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondarychaos View Post
I love it- I'd rather have an insanely dense snowstorm than a sunny day
I'd rather have 2 feet of snow than what we usually get....cold, windy, and dry.

On the other hand, it wouldn't bother me a bit to never go through another fall or winter. However, I can't see myself living anywhere else so I guess I have to put up with it for the rest of my life. Mass amounts of people vs. crappy weather. I'll take the weather.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

^that's another reason I love where I live. When It snows, it's not just a little, then blown around... It DROPS. Ever heard of the donner party? the commemerative statue is less than an hour from here and +1500 altitude.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Double Whopper

MercedesTech is on a distinguished road

Grass Valley huh ? Have tons of family out that way and in the Auburn area ! looks beautiful up there ! need to go soon.

you into wheeling much ?
_ Mark Twain
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

If it was just pretty and I could stay inside and simply appreciate it, I wouldn't mind snow. I just hate when it gets plowed and dirty.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 03:00 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
If it was just pretty and I could stay inside and simply appreciate it, I wouldn't mind snow. I just hate when it gets plowed and dirty.
My favorite is the "Mag-chloride" (or "chicken :censored3: ") they put on the roads here. A few of the "ingredients" are (but not limited to) arsenic and lead. It's a wonderful sloppy concoction that the DOT claims is non-corrosive; that's why they cart it around in plastic tanks I guess. It turns your chrome and argent surfaces brown, you can't rinse it off as the goop has to be scrubbed off, and to top it all off, it's a chemical hazard. Don't get me wrong, it's light years better than salt as far as metal corrosion goes, but it's a great skin irritant. I love being on my knees working under a dash with my skin soaking in that stuff as it drips off of a car. It turns my skin red and the incessant itching that ensues is terrific.

I find it funny that nobody has an issue with it when their kids play on the brown snow piles that are like giant arsenic snowcones. It irritates dog paws too, but I guess since it's not harmful to people, then the dog's stomachs will be fine as they lick it off of themselves.

It turns slicker than ice at 15 degrees....and it doesn't go away come springtime. It is slick for MONTHS afterward....even when it's warm, dry and sunny.

AAARRRRGGGGHHH. Now I'm frustrated again because it cuts severely into my motorcycle riding season. Powerslides are fun....but not when you're not expecting it.

If people weren't such idiots behind the wheel, we wouldn't need salt, sand, or any other slickum-deterrent. I prefer icy roads to anything else....it keeps the good drivers separated from the bad ones.....who usually go off the road because they assume that their SUV/Subaru and it's 4 wheel drive will keep them from sliding off the road.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 03:29 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondarychaos View Post
^that's another reason I love where I live. When It snows, it's not just a little, then blown around... It DROPS. Ever heard of the donner party? the commemerative statue is less than an hour from here and +1500 altitude.
Holy cow! I was born in Grass Valley! Have I already told you that? I believe I mentioned it to Mercedes once upon a time. My Dad was a Mining Engineer with the Empire Star mine network. I can still remember the big stamp mill at the Star. The rolling mills at the Pennsylvania were pretty impressive too, but nothing like the stamp mill and sluice tables at the Star.

I miss my Mom's pasties (Cornish meat pies for those of you who have never had the pleasure). Any "Cousin Jack's" left in that area?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Closed Thread