Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sun, December 14th, 2008, 06:22 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road
Default truck pics

Post em up...I never get tired of looking at past/present rides.

Here's my old 05 that Bill tuned for me.

And the new ride tuned by Bill

Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

This is all I have loaded right now.

Since I have this in my gallery I'll post it too
Old Mon, December 22nd, 2008, 10:12 PM
Double Whopper

jerodr is on a distinguished road

All I've got right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 153306.jpg (35.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 152624.jpg (42.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 152541.jpg (31.0 KB, 4 views)
Old Mon, December 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
working for parts.....

Very nice guys....jerod..looks like bfg at's? what size? i got stockers on mine now...but working on some 35's as i write this Johnny...what kind are those...the non stock ones....look nice.
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Double Whopper

Northern, they are 285/65/18 bfg at's. Sometimes I wish I would have went with 305's but I bought them when gas prices were soaring and from previous lifted trucks I knew that 33x12.5's put a dent in the gas mileage. I've enjoyed the tires so far though...they ride nice and aren't loud. They are definately a good compromise between stock and 33x12.5's.

Jerod
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
working for parts.....

i'm glad you like them, they look great.
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Double Whopper

Thanks man! I noticed you have a sunroof in your new truck...how do you like it? That is the only thing I would change if I had to go back...I wanted one so bad.
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
Very nice guys....jerod..looks like bfg at's? what size? i got stockers on mine now...but working on some 35's as i write this Johnny...what kind are those...the non stock ones....look nice.
Thanks man The wheels are MB Motoring Razor's 20 x 9.5 wrapped with the Toyo MT 33's.
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerodr View Post
Thanks man! I noticed you have a sunroof in your new truck...how do you like it? That is the only thing I would change if I had to go back...I wanted one so bad.
Interesting about sunroofs. I have one on the f150, as well as on my other, much older car, a Honda. I sort of loved it at first and enjoyed driving around with the cover open so the sun could shine in. I didn't like opening it because it was noisy. Then, on my Honda, I decided the sun was too bright shining in, so I tinted it (myself - and I did a good job if I DO say so!). Now, I never use it and I don't know that I've ever opened the one on my f150 at all. I bought the truck in a private sale and would not have looked for this feature, but they are "standard" on the KR.

So, they look sexy, but I'm not a fan. I enjoy having it though, even though I don't use it. (Is this stupid or what)? I guess I see it as a sort of "status symbol", but not good for much else. I know there are people who love them and use them (talked to one of these guys yesterday), but they're just a decoration to me.

And, Northern SuperCrew, your truck's really purty! Wish mine was white!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Interesting about sunroofs. I have one on the f150, as well as on my other, much older car, a Honda. I sort of loved it at first and enjoyed driving around with the cover open so the sun could shine in. I didn't like opening it because it was noisy. Then, on my Honda, I decided the sun was too bright shining in, so I tinted it (myself - and I did a good job if I DO say so!). Now, I never use it and I don't know that I've ever opened the one on my f150 at all. I bought the truck in a private sale and would not have looked for this feature, but they are "standard" on the KR.

So, they look sexy, but I'm not a fan. I enjoy having it though, even though I don't use it. (Is this stupid or what)? I guess I see it as a sort of "status symbol", but not good for much else. I know there are people who love them and use them (talked to one of these guys yesterday), but they're just a decoration to me.

And, Northern SuperCrew, your truck's really purty! Wish mine was white!

- Jack
Not at all Jack. I feel the exact same way about not being a fan. I love that sun roof but probably have only used it MAYBE 1/2 dozen times in the 3.5 years I've owned it. One things for sure though, anyone who has never been in my truck and gets in for the first time always says something like "Oh wow, this thing has a sunroof too!"

Although I kind of wish I didn't have one now. Instead I think I would have like to have had that cargo rail system thing-a-ma-jig. Those look pretty neat