Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
Default While the rest of you are freezing

I have been keeping myself occupied with this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mybike1.jpg (72.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg mybike6.jpg (62.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg mybike2.jpg (59.9 KB, 3 views)
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

A few more. I hate bugs so I got to clean it all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mybike5.jpg (56.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg mybike4.jpg (60.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg mybike.jpg (52.5 KB, 2 views)
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Oh yah!

Nice sportster!
BTW nice heavy breather intake!

I have been out on mine but getting a little sick of dressing in layers and chaps. Have to watchout for the winter gravel/sand also. Soon it will be summer and hot and humid and bugs. Take it or leave it that's South Dakota for you!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Here is some pics of mine.
Sorry they are dark.

Lars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01384.jpg (47.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01386.jpg (50.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01385.jpg (47.3 KB, 5 views)

Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

Nice, now get out there and clean it. Mine will be punched to an 88 next year. And yet still pay insurance on an 883
2004 Explorer Limited
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:19 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Started to customize and mod that one right out of the crate in 07!
Took it from a 96 to 103 with cams. Last year replaced heads with ported ones and even added a heavier cam. Changed out the pistons and push rods also The most improvement came from the hd race tuner and klock werks double back header pipes along with vance and Hines mufflers. This winter had the intake ported and the tb bored out. Would like to do a rear tire 180 kit but $2500 is a chunk of cash right now.

Lars

Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:39 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

This is a bit of a hijack, but did either of you see the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian", with Anthony Hopkins? If you haven't, it's an absolute "MUST SEE".

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Sorry Jack

I think I have seen parts of it but not all of it from start to finish.
I have found some old home movies in my dad's closet of my grand father racing an indian and riding a harley back in the late 30's and early 40's. My uncle is the one to thank for wrecking the harley in the late 50's when he snuck it out for a hot date and got into the accident sneeking it back home.

Lars

Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 11:50 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Sorry Jack

I think I have seen parts of it but not all of it from start to finish.
I have found some old home movies in my dad's closet of my grand father racing an indian and riding a harley back in the late 30's and early 40's. My uncle is the one to thank for wrecking the harley in the late 50's when he snuck it out for a hot date and got into the accident sneeking it back home.

Lars
Lars, et all -

This is a very recent movie, maybe two years old? It's a dramatization of Burt Munro's visit to the US to set a speed record on a streamlined motorcycle at the Salt Flats in Utah. It's something you would not forget if you saw it, especially if you love bikes.

Burt Munro was a New Zealander (a Kiwi), and since Janet is also a Kiwi, the story was even more interesting to me.

- Jack
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I am so sorry Jack for mix up in movies. I better start learning to clear my head of any thoughts. The movie I had a brain fart over was "on any sunday" featuring steve mcqueen. 1971 vintage.

Lars

Closed Thread