Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, April 6th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Whopper

dixiefishing is on a distinguished road
Default not a Gryphon......

Hey guys - I have an 04 F150 fx4 with an Edge programmer and K/N intake - I have been having all sorts of issues regarding ignition coil circuit malfunctions - codes have been P0351,352,358 usually - I took my truck to a local shop for help with this issue. They changed the plugs again and my cop's - they changed the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, and cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body. They said that all the codes are gone and have not come back - they have run the truck for 2 days off and on and driven it about 20 -30 miles. They called me this afternoon and said everything was fine and I could pick it up. Then a little later they called and said that they hooked my Edge back up and set it back to level 2 where I normally run it - and within 3 minutes the codes were back. Code P0352 - any ideas guys??? I'm out ideas and not sure what to do.
I know its not a gryphon - and I am wanting to get one when the money comes available - but does anyone have any ideas?
Old Wed, April 6th, 2011, 02:15 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome....

It could be a bad wire in the cop loom or you could have a cam position sensor that's bad.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Whopper

Thank you..... With it jumping and showing 351 352 358 or even 357 sometimes - could it still be a wire issue? Any suggestions how to check that? Also, why would it show codes and actually start missing with the programmer on and not when its on stock?

If it happened to not be in wiring - and it was a cam position sensor - how could I test / troubleshoot that? What would it require to replace this?

Thanks for all the help!
Old Wed, April 6th, 2011, 02:24 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

So the codes don't happen when the truck is at stock?

Only when the tune is loaded?

I'll do some more digging....

Old Wed, April 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Whopper

Yep - when at stock setting - no codes.....when programmer is installed on level 2 - i get the codes....Im at a loss. The shop that has the truck right now is also at a loss. They are stumped. When running in level 2 - driving around 50 -60 mph (1500 - 2000 rpm) the truck surges and misses and I get the DTC's - CEL never comes on - well it does if I continue running it like that - or if in park or neutral - and revving the rpm to 3000 or so and holding it - the truck misses - you can feel it and hear it - when you let off the throttle - the truck idles rough - thats when the codes come up. The shop said it did it all last week just like that - like it had been doing with me for so long - they did all that work and took the truck back to stock and since then no codes - nothing. Hooked it back up and to level 2 today and boom within a matter of minutes - codes were back and truck was missing.......Im confused and very frustrated.
Old Wed, April 6th, 2011, 08:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiefishing View Post
Yep - when at stock setting - no codes.....when programmer is installed on level 2 - i get the codes....Im at a loss. The shop that has the truck right now is also at a loss. They are stumped. When running in level 2 - driving around 50 -60 mph (1500 - 2000 rpm) the truck surges and misses and I get the DTC's - CEL never comes on - well it does if I continue running it like that - or if in park or neutral - and revving the rpm to 3000 or so and holding it - the truck misses - you can feel it and hear it - when you let off the throttle - the truck idles rough - thats when the codes come up. The shop said it did it all last week just like that - like it had been doing with me for so long - they did all that work and took the truck back to stock and since then no codes - nothing. Hooked it back up and to level 2 today and boom within a matter of minutes - codes were back and truck was missing.......Im confused and very frustrated.
Dixie - I responded to this on f150online. Please try the Level 1 (Tranny Only) tune. I want to verify that it really is the tune that is causing the problem. And, you probably MUST call Edge if it is.

I also suggested a couple other steps in f150online too.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, April 7th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Whopper

OK thank you - I will do it tonight. I picked the truck up last night - and sure enough on level 2 it started the codes. I set it back to stock and the truck ran great and has been running great. But now the edge reads a dtc on stock setting - P1000 OBD readiness test not complete. It will clear out - but will come right back. I took the edge in to use my Fusion software to try to upgrade it - which it did upgrade and re calibrate. Took it back out and installed it at stock setting and still the P1000 code. I have not reset it back to level 2 - so I am really thinking it has to do with the edge itself. I will set it to 1 tonight after work and see what happens.
Old Thu, April 7th, 2011, 07:32 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The P1000 is normal for any time you do a flash programming event on the vehicle. However, aftermarket tuning usually disables that code....returning the vehicle to stock will set that code every time; it's normal.
Old Thu, April 7th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Whopper

Oh ok - I will set the truck to level 1 tonight and see if any of the ignition codes appear. I hope by doing the edge update and re calibration that maybe things are cleared out and it will go back to normal. I guess I will see tonight.

thanks for all the help guys!
Old Thu, April 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

If its tune related contact edge.....