Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, March 31st, 2011, 08:33 PM
Whopper Junior

PatZ4 is on a distinguished road
Default New Memeber

Hi all I am new to this forum. Have been looking around and it looks really nice. I have an 06 F-150 5.4 liter 4WD. I have been researching the Edge Products Evolution for some time now. One of my friends with the exact same truck bought one and increased his gas mileage quite a bit, so I finally bought mine. I received it yesterday and on page 5 of the manual it states that if you have an aftermarket cold air intake using the evolution is not recommended because it could cause the engine to run lean. I called edge and they are great. The rep said that I can return it up to 60 days and get a refund. His suggestion was to install the unit and if the check engine light goes on that would indicate it would not work. He also suggested that I contact Bill at PHP because he may have a custom program I could buy. I could put the factory intake back on. Can anyone help?
Old Fri, April 1st, 2011, 01:50 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Ill try and help clear things up a little.
1. Yes you can keep the CAI and Bill can compensate for the tunes.
2. most people recommend here, including me, that you take the CAI off and put the factory intake back on, then do the "Gott's mod". search for it here and on other web sites and you will see what we are talking about.
3. return it and do either of the 2 options.

I vote number 2, then sell the CAI and use the money for the custom tunes from Bill!
Hope that helped!
Old Fri, April 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Whopper Junior

PatZ4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tico it does help I was thinking of putting the stock intake back and using the tuner.
Old Thu, April 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Put the stock intake back on, perform the gotts/dwv mod and get the edge converted to a Gryphon with custom tunes and don't look back.....

BTW.....welcome

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.