Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, August 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Whopper

Jwest45 is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust question

I just want to be clear on this. If I order custom tunes with my current exhaust setup (straight pipe from stock Y back) and then install a true duel setup with crossover later, will I need new tunes made? I will be keeping the stock cats on.
Old Wed, August 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest45 View Post
I just want to be clear on this. If I order custom tunes with my current exhaust setup (straight pipe from stock Y back) and then install a true duel setup with crossover later, will I need new tunes made? I will be keeping the stock cats on.
You shouldn't need new tunes as long as the crossover stays in the approximate location to the stock y....or there abouts......

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, August 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Whopper

I'm going to be running a Magnaflow DIDO with built-in crossover so I should be able to keep it pretty close to that area.
Old Thu, August 11th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I had one of those in my first truck, it was nice with a good sound, and no tuning changes were required. the stock y is usually fairly far in front of where the muffler goes, and to the best of my knowledge, most shops put the new muffler in the same spot as the old one, which is a few feet away from the stock Ypipe.
I dont think it will be a problem, but if you are too worried, then I would recommend calling Bill and asking him.
Hope that helps
Old Thu, August 11th, 2011, 07:40 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest45 View Post
I'm going to be running a Magnaflow DIDO with built-in crossover so I should be able to keep it pretty close to that area.
That muffler with the built in cross over likes to pop and cackle......most people end up putting the X crossover in front of it to make it sound better......

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, August 11th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Whopper

I had one on my 07 crewcab and I dont remember any poping or anything, but good to know.