Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, August 18th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Whopper Junior

hart is on a distinguished road
Default edge evo, do gotts mod? removed cai

i have an 06 xlt 5.4. ihave 24 inch wheels and had a k&n cai on it for a year. then bought an edge evo for it. tested it for a few weeks did some research and decided to take cai off. it has more gains than stock but was told that doing a gotts mod on intake works good with the edge. the cai worked well in cool outside temps but struggled in hot weather. the truck has lost its cool weather umppff when cai was on but runs smoother than in hot weather with evo tow tune and cai off. power hungry told me that theres no extra gains to be made with the edge and cai running at the same time even after custom tune with a gryphon. can someone please clear this up for me? how do i get more gains? gotts mod? i have a magna flow muffler and 3inch tail pipe.; also liked the sound of the Cai
Old Wed, August 18th, 2010, 07:45 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Send your evo in and get it upgrade to a Gryphon.
Order custom tunes while you're at it for a cai.

That should help you get some gains.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, August 19th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Whopper Junior

i already called bill at power hungry and was told that if you have the edge evo adding the cai will not add more horse power than what the evo has already given the truck. EVEN with custom tunes! words from the horses mouth. he said the gotts mod will be more benificial with the edge canned tunes as opposed to having the gryphon with custom tunes and the cai installed.
Old Thu, August 19th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Lonestar Legend

LonestarROB is on a distinguished road

This was a big issue for me several months back. Bill and I traded several emails concerning CAI vs the Gotts mod. After talking with him, I decided to go with the Gotts. I originally had an S&B CAI with custom tunes, but had issue with heavy acceleration. Bill(and others) talked me into the Gotts. So I now run Gotts with custom tunes. While I like it fine enough, and all due respect to Bill, I definitely noticed/felt "more" with the S&B CAI.
Old Thu, August 19th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Whopper Junior

i couldnt take it anymore. i just put my cai back on. tow tune 87 gas. there s definately more umph. i missed the sound aswell. gear changes are slightly more erratic though. drives great in cool temps. not so good when temps outside are above 80 degrees. think i may get the gryphon with custom tunes to accommodate the cai. i have never got any trouble codes showing it running lean
Old Fri, August 20th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Lonestar Legend

LonestarROB is on a distinguished road

Good, hope everything works out for you. I'm still waiting to hear from Bill(been over a month) on my concerns.