Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, September 24th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Double Whopper

jmwilso2 is on a distinguished road
Default need exhaust advice

Hi everyone. I'm almost finished with all the mods I want on my truck. All I have left to do is decide on an exhaust system, then I can send my info to Bill for my custom tunes. I have decided on Dynatech headers going into true duals with Borla mufflers and tips. What I cannot decide is whether to spend the extra 650 bucks on the entire Dynatech engine back setup with their high flow cats and x pipe or to keep my stock cats and just buy the x pipe seperate. I started into this project with the interest of saving some gas but as per ususal I am getting caried away a little, its too late to stop now though or I wont be happy with the final product and will end up changing it later, its just how I'm wired. I'd appreciate any advise or personal experience anyone can relate to me.

Thanks

Joe
Old Fri, September 24th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I had an exhaust guy tell me once that our cats are fairly high flow already, so I don't know how much you would gain by replacing them, but if you are replacing the 2 with just one per side then you should see some improvement, but i cant imagine too much. but Im not expert, I just thought I would share what I have heard. and basically anything past the cats isnt going to be much different in tuning, the major difference would be dual with any type of cross pipe, and since you are doing that anyways, I think if you tell Bill that you are going to have exactly that, I cant see the brand making much of a difference. so its up to you , hope I helped at least a little. but then again you might have more questions now
Old Sat, September 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Double Whopper

jmwilso2 is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

Thanks ticopowell I sent in my info this morning so its just a matter of time now. I getting pretty excited.

Joe
Old Sat, September 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Glad I could help