Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, February 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
Bacon King

DarkShadowSTX is on a distinguished road

You got it all right Jack. That makes sense about the tow tune and 93 tune being unaltered, just the first tune would have changed. As far as the other 2 tunes go, I will eventually order an new tow tune to replace the old one. Like you said though, maybe I won't have to in case Bill changed my tunes already to work with the Gotts. I'll have to contact him to find out.

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it.
Old Wed, February 2nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

We try - hope your troubles are over!

- Jack
Old Mon, February 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

To anyone else reading this.....

Another thing to try is a battery disconnect.

This will clear old fuel trims that sometimes are still there after the flashing of the pcm with a new tune....

Set your truck back to stock.
Unplug Gryphon.
Disconnect battery.
Turn headlights on for 5-10 minutes.
Turn headlights back off.
Reconnect battery.
Plug Gryphon back in.
Drive 50-100 miles while at stock level.
Then reload the tune....

In addition....
Clean your maf
Clean your tb
Change your fuel filter.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Tue, February 8th, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old Tue, February 8th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Whopper

Roller is on a distinguished road

We meet again Shadow! Somehow, I'm not surprised. I am willing to wager we have the same Hex code.

I just got my Gryphon back, downloaded my 87 custom tune, plugged it in the truck and took off for a run. Any guesses on the code I threw...twice? Both times in the same situation, punchin' it off the line.

Anyway, I'm gonna follow the instructions laid out in the previous post as that makes sense to me.

I'll be back...
Old Tue, February 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
We meet again Shadow! Somehow, I'm not surprised. I am willing to wager we have the same Hex code.

I just got my Gryphon back, downloaded my 87 custom tune, plugged it in the truck and took off for a run. Any guesses on the code I threw...twice? Both times in the same situation, punchin' it off the line.

Anyway, I'm gonna follow the instructions laid out in the previous post as that makes sense to me.

I'll be back...
Close on hex codes but off in the last digit.....

This seems to be a 4.6 2v thing....

Old Thu, February 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Whopper

No dice. Truck still throws the same p061b error. Maybe a new poll for how many times people have thrown their truck into limp mode...I'm somewhere in the 20's now. With the Edge it was the p061f, now it's the p061b with the Gryphon. It's always the same scenario. Getting on the throttle off the line, truck lurches forward and bang, truck throws error and goes into limp mode. FRUSTRATED!
Old Thu, February 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Bacon King

Hey, what's up man? Besides the code. My custom tunes took care of my code issues so since you now have a custom tune, I don't really know what to tell you. Call Bill and see what he has to say. Did you do the battery reset and still get the code? FWIW my hex code is OKDG3A4.HEX I feel for you though, limp mode is retarded. My limp mode count is probably at least 15.
Old Thu, February 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Whopper

Yeah I kinda figured my next step was to call the man himself. I did try the sensor reset by unplugging the battery, headlights on, etc, etc...threw the error this morning in rush hour traffic. I had a few choice words thrown my way, was told I was numero uno by a finger gesture or 2 and did a bit of myself.
I was close on the hex code, mine's 0KDG3AB. Wonder what that last character is...
Anyway, if the mods don't have any further ideas, or with their recommendation, I figure I'll have to hit Bill up and get the lowdown before I see how far I can punt this programmer for distance...
Old Thu, February 10th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Bacon King

How come you have a letter for the last digit while I have a number? Maybe that B is why you keep getting that code.
Old Thu, February 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
No dice. Truck still throws the same p061b error. Maybe a new poll for how many times people have thrown their truck into limp mode...I'm somewhere in the 20's now. With the Edge it was the p061f, now it's the p061b with the Gryphon. It's always the same scenario. Getting on the throttle off the line, truck lurches forward and bang, truck throws error and goes into limp mode. FRUSTRATED!
In my Sig there's a link to the PHP support system......try that to get Bill's attention....