Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sun, March 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Go bigger !

mxriderae is on a distinguished road
Default My Gryphon doesn`t work !

Hey .. has been long time since i was here last time .. well guys my truck sat almost 2 months without starting it then i tried to start it the car battery wasn`t enough to start it the gryphon started to blink !
i left it for a while until the car battery was fully dead .. now i replaced the car battery and started the truck but guess what .. the gryphon is not working .. so please i need some help thanx
Old Sun, March 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Just a guess: Did you unplug the Gryphon, and then, with the ignition ON, but the engine OFF, did you plug it back in after you replaced the battery?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, March 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Go bigger !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Just a guess: Did you unplug the Gryphon, and then, with the ignition ON, but the engine OFF, did you plug it back in after you replaced the battery?

- Jack
Hey .. thanx for replying, well the Gryphon was pluged all the time .. and i didn`t replace the battery i charged it, then when the charge was full i cranked it up and was suprised that the gryphon is not working .. i unplugged it then replugged but still didn`t work, i drove the truck, the custom tune is there !
Old Sun, March 13th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Yeah it looks like you fried your Gryphon... It happens , but it's never fun . I am pretty sure you are going to have to return the Gryphon to PHP to get it fixed/replaced :/
Old Sun, March 13th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Go bigger !

well i hope something doesn`t cost money cuz i don`t have any these days !!
Old Sun, March 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Unfortunately, mxriderae, Jack and tico are probably right -- it sounds like you fried your Gryphon, and your warranty was up almost a year ago. Edge may be able to replace the board and/or cable, but it won't be covered under warranty, so you're probably looking at about $300.

It may be cheaper to find a used Gryphon on eBay or on one of the F150 forums. If it's already a Gryphon, we can upload your custom tunes onto it via Pegasus. If it's an Evo, you'll have to send it to us to be recased and the firmware updated for $25 (plus shipping both ways). We'll still put your custom tunes on it for no charge, though.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, March 14th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Go bigger !

Hi Corey thanx for replying .. well so you mean that i fried the board or cable ?
if i send it to you, is there any way to fix it ? should we give it a shot ?
Old Mon, March 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

There's no way to fix the electrical components at this point, I'm afraid. Your best bet is to find one on eBay, and I'll be happy to put your old tunes on it for you at no charge.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, March 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Go bigger !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
There's no way to fix the electrical components at this point, I'm afraid. Your best bet is to find one on eBay, and I'll be happy to put your old tunes on it for you at no charge.
Thanx Bill ... i will buy used Edge and send it to you thanx again
Old Mon, March 14th, 2011, 10:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

But, wait! If the battery was really dead, you HAVE to reinitialize the Gryphon with the "ignition ON, then plug the unit into the OBD port" procedure.

Please try that before you go getting another unit!
1. Unplug the Gryphon.
2. Turn the ignition key ON but do not start the truck.
3. Plug the Gryphon back in.
If it starts and shows your HEX code, you're in business.

AND, losing a battery charge, or disconnecting the battery does NOT remove your custom tune. Only the Gryphon can do that (or a dealer reflash).

Edit: I just re-read your post about charging, and see you did "unplug, replug". I'm not seeing that you had the ignition ON. If you did, and it still does not work, then the unit IS probably toast.

- Jack