Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, May 16th, 2011, 01:10 AM
04 fx4 f150

mwood1986 is on a distinguished road
Default No cat tunes and secondary sensors

Well I had my cats tuned out cause one of em blew up on me when I had a miss fire issue from the aftermarket coils I had on.

I was wondering am I able to completely remove the second sensors now without an issue?
I'm only asking cause before I had it tuned out I tried the gotts o2 mod and the o2 extenders which basically fried the one o2 sensor cause it didn't ground properly, I'm thinkin. So now I get these codes for the inductance and heating element in the sensor which make my truck run cold. (until I clear them of course )
Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
semper fi

jmt0645 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood1986 View Post
Well I had my cats tuned out cause one of em blew up on me when I had a miss fire issue from the aftermarket coils I had on.

I was wondering am I able to completely remove the second sensors now without an issue?
I'm only asking cause before I had it tuned out I tried the gotts o2 mod and the o2 extenders which basically fried the one o2 sensor cause it didn't ground properly, I'm thinkin. So now I get these codes for the inductance and heating element in the sensor which make my truck run cold. (until I clear them of course )
ran into this myself with my offroad y-pipe, even with the rear sensors "tuned out" they still must be plugged into the harness so the PCM atleast can "see" they are preset even though it doesn't use them
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 06:19 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

What he said.
Old Sun, June 5th, 2011, 09:41 PM
04 fx4 f150

mwood1986 is on a distinguished road

Yea sorry for being so slow to respond, I'm horrible at remembering to follow up on things.
I found this out the day after when I tried disconnecting it, so I ordered a new Motorcraft sensor from rock auto for like $36.
Thanks for the responses though!
Old Wed, July 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Bacon King

DarrenWS6 is on a distinguished road

Rear O2 sensors are not turned off on catalyst emission monitoring from custom tunes are they? Is that more of a special request while ordering tune thing? Or is it possible to de-activate them from reading with the Gryphon?
Old Thu, July 7th, 2011, 08:20 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
Rear O2 sensors are not turned off on catalyst emission monitoring from custom tunes are they? Is that more of a special request while ordering tune thing? Or is it possible to de-activate them from reading with the Gryphon?
Upon special request Bill can turn them off when the tunes are written......

Otherwise a person can go with sct and turn them off with the hand held programmer...

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.