Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Whopper

07FX2 is on a distinguished road
Question Questins about a cai and other crap

First time posting with this account. I'm 429 boss but can't access my account or yahoo so I just made a new one. Lol but to get to the point. I already done the gotts mod. But it don't feel any different. I read all about the open filters and how there really hot air intakes. But what about banks ram air? Is there any benefits to using it? I love the sound of the cais. So I kinda want one. But don't want a hot air intake. Lol. I already got a gryphon btw and I'm planning on buying ud pullys, e-fans, lt headers, full new exhaust si/so 3" and 4:10 gears. Plus the banks cai, with custom tunes if it really improves the power. How much more wl the 5.4 be after these mods aswell?
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Whopper

Well I called banks, probably going to go with their cai, since it actually goes in the wheel wall with a closed intake and has a opening right behind the headlight for more air. Sounds more efficient the the hai plus you get the sound and more performance. Which is what I want. Now I can answer a question I seen alot about The super scoop. Reason we can't get one for our model is, they don't make one for it and the reason for that is, because the cai already pulls in enough fresh air from the wheel wall and behind the headlight. So if you want a super scoop you sol unless you make your own. I do not know if this apples to the 09 up aswell.
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 07:57 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Did you look at S&B or Volant also?

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Whopper

Well I read alot about people having problems with there s&b and don't know much about the other one. But aren't they hot air intakes? Lol
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Whopper

Well I see violent makes a closed intake with a scoop for our trucks but it says you have to trim some of the front valiance. I have a fx2 so that's a no go. S&b does make a closed intake aswell but don't know much about it. Banks is higher then both but seems more promising then the other two because the opening are alot larger. But can you tell me out of all three which one makes more power?
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Guaranteed more horse power would be a supercharger.....

The least agressive intake is the K&N
The most agressive is the jlt ram air intake

Those others you mentioned fall somewhere in between....

The most economical air intake mod is the gotts mod.....

There are other restrictions that need to be addressed also....tb size, tb inlet on the manifold, cmcv, intake runner size, head ports and valves, cam duration, timing, headers, catalytic converters, ....with these your engine can only take in so much air.....then add in the limits of the senors functions

Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Whopper

So a jlt ram air is the probably the best intake for our trucks? I already got a gryphon so I'll get custom tunes once I buy more parts. I won't install the cai until I get the tunes so it doesn't run lean.
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Whopper

Do you think the jlt is better then all the cais for our trucks?
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07FX2 View Post
Do you think the jlt is better then all the cais for our trucks?
Its the most agressive.......along with being the most agressive its harder to tune.....and another thing it sux warm air......its an open element that sits right on top of of the motor...there's a plastic shield that goes under it.......

You're on the right track with the intake drawing air from outside of the engine bay....

Why do you think that a cai is going to add power? It will only add 6-8 hp in use with a custom tune.....that's why the gotts most is ideal.....

It makes no sense to spend around $300 for something the gotts mod does for under $20

Better power adders are efans and long tube headers along with high flow cats......

Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Whopper

Air force 1 intakes sound like the best cai to get.