Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Orion Reflash System for Navistar > BETA Test Group - Orion Reflash System for Navistar

Old Mon, December 21st, 2020, 10:47 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Thumbsup Information needed from vehicles

Good morning all! Hope your weekend went well.

We're at a point now where we're getting files in from folks which is awesome! However, we have run into a couple snags... Some software and some procedural... Which we will be addressing. Because this is an early version which does not yet communicate with the server, there are some things we will need to manually handle.
  1. We will need to have an unmodified copy of the Parameter File (*.opf). We've had a few folks change the filename and that sort of messes me up because the filename includes the ECM serial number which is used to encrypt the data in the file.

You may also include the ECM Serial Number in your e-mail. Please see the included image for the information we're needing. It'll be the second highlighted box labeled "ECM Serial Number".

This should not be a problem in future revisions as this data is stored in a local cache and then synchronized with your account on our server, but that part is not yet functional.

2. We will need the ECM Calibration ID from the software. This will provide me with the current calibration information that the ECM is running so I can build the correct (ie. matching) calibration for the update. It is possible to run a different strategy (either earlier or later), but at this point I think it's better to just stick with what is working on the vehicle until I can get a better understanding and properly document the changes in the calibration revisions.

Please see the included image for the information we're needing. It'll be the first highlighted box labeled "ECM Calibration ID".

Again, this will be addressed in a future revision.

3. Depending on the year of your vehicle, you may have and ECM and an IDM. For those applications that have both, I will also need the IDM Calibration ID in order to correctly build calibration files.

Please see the included image for the information we're needing. It'll be the third highlighted box labeled "IDM Calibration ID".

4. It has been brought to my attention that there is an issue with the port limitation of the Windows control that handles communication which limits the number of accessible COM ports to 16. I have addressed that in the control and have expanded that number to 64 which should be more than adequate. This will be included in the next version update.

5. A few testers have indicated that the window prompt for cycling the key is timing out unless they cycle very quickly. There seems to be some issue with the timer on certain Operating Systems for which I've not yet been able to identify. I think what I'm going to do at this point is dispense with a (what should be a 30 second) timer and just wait until the the key is cycled. This will alleviate the issue of missing the key cycle due to the timer prematurely running out.
I think that should about cover it for now.

For the folks that have already provided your calibration information, I'll be working on those today and tomorrow and should have calibrations in the e-mail to you by tomorrow afternoon. I'll also have an updated version of the Orion Installer and will post that up when it's ready to go.

In the meantime, let me know if you run into any other issues or odd situations. Also, someone had pointed out a grammatical error in the Parameters. I'm usually pretty good at catching that stuff, but if you come across anything misspelled, please let me know.

Thanks!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orion Screenshot - Highlighted.jpg (87.8 KB, 12 views)

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, February 17th, 2021, 06:16 AM
The few, the proud, the brave!

RamRod4 is on a distinguished road

Bill,

Any progress on the files that you requested we send in?
Old Thu, February 18th, 2021, 07:32 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRod4 View Post
Bill,

Any progress on the files that you requested we send in?
Currently fixing a few bugs in Orion we found when field testing. One major issue we're addressing is with the 2005-2006 2-Box systems with the VT275, VT365, and the DT466. We've observed a communications issue when trying to program in the trucks that we didn't see when programming on our test bench.

Obviously, this doesn't affect your truck which is a 2002 with a Diamond Logic computer, but I've been hoping to get this issue fixed before releasing another software version.

I'll go ahead and send your file out today. Just make sure to download and install the latest version of Orion (the software will tell you if you have the latest version or not) before you reflash the truck

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a shout at the office.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, February 18th, 2021, 07:21 PM
The few, the proud, the brave!

syntaxterror is on a distinguished road

Hi, Bill would it be possible to get a copy? I am going to the skoolie swarm this week and it would be opportunity to run the bus and see how if does.
Thanks Joe
Old Sat, February 20th, 2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxterror View Post
Hi, Bill would it be possible to get a copy? I am going to the skoolie swarm this week and it would be opportunity to run the bus and see how if does.
Thanks Joe
Hey, just saw this. I'll get something together for you today.

(678) 890-1110