Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough
Default 3-4 TRANS SHIFT SLIP

Hey Guys, On this site or maybe F150 online forum ther were questions about 2-3 shift under light throttle / slippage or hesitation. This is the Ford TSB that addresses that concern on certain 07-08 F150 anf Mk LT . This software downlaod does fix that issue . Just for info only.
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough
Default 3-4 shift concern

Sorry here is the info. TSB 08-14-03

2007-2008 F-150/MARK LT BUILT BETWEEN 12/4/2006 TO 5/20/2008 ONLY - ENGINE RPM FLARE DURING 3-4 UPSHIFT UNDER LIGHT THROTTLE ONLY - 5.4L 3V / 4R75E ONLY
SOME 2007-2008 F-150 AND MARK LT VEHICLES BUILT BETWEEN 12/4/2006 TO 5/20/2008, EQUIPPED WITH A 5.4L 3V AND 4R75E, MAY EXHIBIT AN ENGINE RPM FLARE DURING LIGHT ACCELERATION DURING THE 3-4 UPSHIFT. THIS WOULD ONLY OCCUR AT ROAD SPEED RANGES FROM 25-30 MPH (40-48 KM/H). NO DTCS OR OTHER DRIVABILITY OR TRANSMISSION ISSUES WOULD BE PRESENT. REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) TO THE LATEST CALIBRATION USINGIDS RELEASE 54.5 AND HIGHER. THIS NEW CALIBRATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE VCM 2008.3 DVD. CALIBRATION FILES MAY ALSO BE OBTAINED AT WWW.MOTORCRAFT.COM.
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 11:41 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

That update to the PCM could be applied without consulting you if you took your vehicle in for service, I bet. Another good reason to return your tune to stock before taking the truck in.

Bill, do you know if this reflash would require a rebuild of the custom tune files?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 04:49 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Bill, do you know if this reflash would require a rebuild of the custom tune files?

- Jack
If you were already on this flash, then you wouldn't need a rebuild. Of course if you had an earlier flash then you'd be looking at getting the files redone.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
If you were already on this flash, then you wouldn't need a rebuild. Of course if you had an earlier flash then you'd be looking at getting the files redone.
Sorry Bill - I wasn't clear was I? (So what's new)? :o I MEANT to say that if the dealer flash was performed AFTER you'd received your custom tunes, they'd have to be rebuilt - and that's what you just confirmed.

- Jack
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 08:05 AM
AAA Rib Steak

Chris74 is on a distinguished road

So glad I seen this........now I can finally tell my dealer to get this fixed. Unfortunately I guess I will have to get Bill to rebuild my tunes!
BTW - glad the forum is up and running!
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 09:33 AM
AAA Rib Steak

Well......had my PCM reflashed. This TSB does seem to have solved the problem.......so far
Custom tunes
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris74 View Post
Well......had my PCM reflashed. This TSB does seem to have solved the problem.......so far
That's good to hear, Chris. I wonder how often we just "live" with crappy performance, thinking "It's just the nature of the beast", when there is a fix hidden out there if we just knew to ask for it?

- Jack
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM
AAA Rib Steak

agreed Jack!......sad part is my own dealer fed me a line of **** and tried to convince me there was nothing wrong with the truck. Like you said......nature of the best.
But I manage a company fleet with 43 Ford trucks in it.........I know how they drive!
I must say........I enjoyed making them eat some humble pie when I showed them a TSB that described my problem and a fix for it

.....I handed a copy of the TSB to the service advisor and even made him read it out loud to me before I then said to him "NOW FIX IT"
Custom tunes
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris74 View Post
agreed Jack!......sad part is my own dealer fed me a line of **** and tried to convince me there was nothing wrong with the truck. Like you said......nature of the best.
But I manage a company fleet with 43 Ford trucks in it.........I know how they drive!
I must say........I enjoyed making them eat some humble pie when I showed them a TSB that described my problem and a fix for it

.....I handed a copy of the TSB to the service advisor and even made him read it out loud to me before I then said to him "NOW FIX IT"
That's a hoot, Chris! I did something like that once too, here at Jim Click Ford back in the 70's, and it was with Mr. Jim Click himself. (His service guys were dead wrong on something and I knew it). Jim Click, however is a "stand up" guy and the problem was resolved perfectly.

I take my truck to Jim Click Ford for servicing - I feel I can trust this dealership.

- Jack