Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Whopper

smokinsrt is on a distinguished road
Default Couple newb questions on my f150

I have the edge evo right now, a banks intake, and getting ready to purchase the banks single monster exhaust. I'm wanting to send my edge in to get programed and I'm wanting to just ask a few questions. 87 octane is fine for the performance mode if you request it correct? Downloading pegasus is just for further down loads? Lastly I'm running a little bigger tire than stock and was never able to get the edge to save my tire size is that something that can be done when i send it in? How much can that be hurting it not being exactly correct? Thanks for the help on my newb questions, I wanna send it in now before I get my exhaust so I'm ready when i get it.
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Bill's 87 performace is really good. My custom 87 even beat the 93 canned performance in just about every way.

The tire size can be adjusted but you can still do it yourself. When you change the tire size in the custom options menu you put the number in and program the vehicle. If you go back you have to select "load previous settings" otherwise it will stick a placeholder value into the tire size spot. You also need to check the gear ratio when you program because it does the same thing.

Having an incorrect tire size will throw off your speedometer/odometer as well as mess up some of the shift points and stuff if there is a large difference.

Hold off on sending it until after the 5th because PHP is busy moving. If your getting a cat back exhaust then you dont have to worry about a retune but it is highly recommended because of the intake.
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

If you will send in your tire size with the order form, Bill will write it into the custom tunes, so that you will not have to worry with changing it.
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Whopper

I did the formulafor tire size but when I go back into it, it still shows what it was before not sure about that. My speedo isn't way out of wack or anything and my gear is right. I know about the move I was wanting to ask some questions then send it in after the move. With the move are they going to take even longer than the 4-6 weeks? Is it really going to be a noticable difference? What about fuel mileage will it make much difference over just the edge?
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Forum Predator

If you have a gps or mileage signs between towns you can use them to get the tire size pretty much perfect. Clear your odometer and drive at least 10 miles according to the GPS or roadsigns. Then divide the truck's odometer by the actual distance and multiply that by the tire size you had programmed when you did the test.
Old Mon, May 3rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
Whopper

I was looking on the order form and I'm wanting to know if you have just a basic truck with intake and exhaust do you need to provide so much information? Secondly what exactly is the pcm hex code? When I bring the order form up for all the boxes that say select I can't click on them or any of the boxes to type anything in? Do I need to download adobe or what? Sorry for sounding retarded but I just don't wanna screw this up.
Old Mon, May 3rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Forum Predator

If you have a CAI and exhaust that involves the "y" pipe or the catalytic converters then yes. Anything past that doesn't matter.But it also doesn't hurt to add stuff even if it doesn't have any effect on the tune. If you dont know what something means but know you havent done anything that will mess with it just leave that box blank.

The pcm hex code is the basic calibration code to how the truck is run like shifting and fueling strategies.

If it doesn't let you type anything into the boxes try downloading/updating your Adobe reader and try again. It also doesn't hurt to trash the current copy and download a new one if you still have trouble.

Dont worry, you should see some of my original posts and questions.
Old Mon, May 3rd, 2010, 10:41 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

What year truck?
What motor?
Evo that's upgraded To a grypon will have the tunes on it when it comes back from PHP.
To get your HEX code go into the diagnostics menu in the evo.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, May 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
What year truck?
What motor?
Evo that's upgraded To a grypon will have the tunes on it when it comes back from PHP.
To get your HEX code go into the diagnostics menu in the evo.
2005, 5.4, FX4.
Old Tue, May 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

To get your serial number: "Go out to your truck, turn the ignition on (leave the engine off) and select: Diagnostics->Tech Support->Version Info. Ignore the warning message that comes up. Your Serial Number should be on the screen along with some other information, and in general, it should match your invoice number"
This is about the same proceedure to get your HEX calibration code.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.