Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, March 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Whopper Junior

jgardner14 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tune Question

I have an 05 F-150 FX4 with a K&N CAI and a true dual exhaust with magnaflow magnapacks. I have an SCT SF3. I tryed the 87 tune and I keep getting a too rich code. My question is if I mail my programmer to PHP will and how much will it cost me to write me a tune for my application.(I also will be putting larger tires on in the near future, don't know if that will affect it). I live in NC. Thanks.
Old Wed, March 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgardner14 View Post
I have an 05 F-150 FX4 with a K&N CAI and a true dual exhaust with magnaflow magnapacks. I have an SCT SF3. I tryed the 87 tune and I keep getting a too rich code. My question is if I mail my programmer to PHP will and how much will it cost me to write me a tune for my application.(I also will be putting larger tires on in the near future, don't know if that will affect it). I live in NC. Thanks.
According to their website: Power Hungry Performance - SCT Calibrations SCT calibrations are $60 each.

DO NOT mail your programmer to them though until you talk to them. I don't know if they need the programmer or not. And, it's possible your programmer does not support custom tunes. I know the SCT X3 does, but I think maybe the SF3 doesn't.

Different tires will not effect the tune.

Have you tried removing the CAI and using the stock intake? Those CAI's are generally nothing but trouble.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, March 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Whopper Junior

No I have not tryed the stock intake. I just want to keep the K&N and get a custom tune but I emailed PHP monday and nothing back yet. Thats why I'm on this forum. I wish I had just done the Gotts mod but I had the K&N on before I knew about it. Plus I only paid $238 new for the K&N.
Old Wed, March 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Whopper Junior

Also looked on sct sit and my SF3 will do custom tunes. SCT Performance - SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford ProgrammerPart Number: 3015